Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE M&P "Big Bird" pistol

Hey,

I'm seriously considering buying a "Big Bird" pistol. But from what I can see the reviews seem to be mixed. It is my first gas pistol so I want to get a good one.

I was just wondering for anyones opinion or helpful information it.
    Thanks

Re: WE M&P "Big Bird" pistol

It's amazing, I use it as my secondary over all the others I own

From WE they cut the sear wrong and after a while it might go full auto on you, 5 min taking apart and a little filing to make the sear flat and it's good to go

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

That's hardly a good example of a decent first pistol, one that requires fettling!

Get a TM. It'll work out of the box, and once you've gotten used to it, if you want, you can take it apart and fiddle/repair it.

From there, go to metal pistols and less common designs

Comment

All pistols get problems, I've had my fair share of busted tm pistols

Comment

Gotta go with boo on this one
          For your first pistol go for a TM mate
          Out of the box they cannot be faulted, no messing needed and flawless performance
          Have tried every brand out there over the years and always come back to TM

Nige
          The United Kingdom. Its where Great Britain used to be.

Comment

I'm with Jez on this one, Ben has a fair point about having to fettle out of the box; but if you file down the sear, give it a good lubing regularly and maybe add a couple of parts (barrel and a rubber) you'll have a cracking pistol at a good price that will last you a long time. I've had both the big bird and the little bird, had the big bird for just over a year now and its been a brilliant little gun, just put the sai slide and trigger on it and switched over to CO2 mags; you'd have to take it off me out of my cold dead fingers now

Comment

Yeah I'm running a new inner and outer barrel and 8 mags, it's awesome

Comment

Thanks for all of you getting back to me so quickly.

First, Jez... Is the sear easy to file down? (Like I said I'm new to gas pistols... I know the basics, but not much else)

Secondly, Boo or Wolfen... I'm working on a budget of about 90-120 quid max (courtesy of student finance) could you recommend any TM pistol models for that price range?

Comment

It's a five minute job, there are tutorials on you tube

For that price you can pick up a decent second hand TM pistol, just pick the model you like the look of or even go to a skirmish and ask a few people to have a go of theirs, the main reason I went for the M&P is just how Damn comfortable the grips are!

Comment

So its not that difficult to do (the sear)?

And I currently am swaying towards the m&p , I mainly wanted to see it there was a better pistol i could afford for the money... I don't intend on buying another one for a long time.

Comment

Oh not at all, it's slide off, pin out of rear of lower, remove small screw from trigger unit, take trigger unit out, unscrew two small screws, unit opens up in half, one half has the sear, one screw takes it out, it's on a spring so look after that, file the sear

It's about a ten minute job in total

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jez@ARarmouries View Post
                          It's about a ten minute job in total
                          And a voided warranty, and a waste of £120 if it goes wrong.

As a first pistol, (not a bargain) A WE is a poor choice. Have a search on the forum, there are countless threads asking about how to fix WE pistols. Usually from people who have cheaped out by that £30, to have something go wrong, or they've tried to fiddle with it without knowing what they are doing first, or how GBB guns work.

Seriously, you can get glocks, perhaps a few Sigs, and in the right places, Hi Capas for £120. It'll work far better all year round (Even if a WE gun does work in the winter, they are few and far between, and people who tell you they work well don't often realise just how well a Pistol can work in the winter)

Theres absolutely no good reason to pick a gun that costs just as much, but requires you to open it up, faff with it, void any warranty you had, and waste all that time, when theres a perfectly good, working option in the same price bracket.

Ask yourself, will an M&P look so good sat on the table in pieces for a few weeks/months?

Comment

Erm, I do the warranty work, you break your WE I fix it

The guy wanted to k ow about the WE M&P, not every other gun under the sun, WE have changed alot so it's not best to keep putting them down

Comment

All fair points, I personally prefer the WE M&P to a TM one simply because I think plastic pistols feel like cap guns... plusss you can't make a TM M&P look like this (yet):

M&P1.jpgM&P2.jpg

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Klutch11 Find out more about Klutch11
                              Working...
                              X