People bending the classified rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People bending the classified rules

For a good while now we've all been up in arms about the various scammers & underage players trying to buy rif's (which threatens our sport), but I've started to notice a new trend, which at the very least is very cheeky but also hints at possible dishonesty & deception.
    Its the practice of "almost" multiple sales threads for singular items, we're all aware that we can't have an item for sale in more than one thread, & that we can't bump said item any sooner than after three days has passed since our last post.
    BUT we're seeing a big increase in sales threads being marked as sold (when they clearly haven't been), only for a new identical thread to be opened, thereby avoiding the three day rule & getting back to the top of the listings pretty much every day.
    Maybe I'm just being a grumpy old git, but the rules are there for everybody & this practice seems to be taking the piss out the good nature of the forum admin who allow us to sell our kit here.
    Am I just a misery guts, or are these "members" taking liberties & possibly deceitful in other ways, post up what you think, & any other similar concerns you've noticed.
    (offenders don't need to comment, we know what you think).
    Cheers
    Mark

Cocked it up, meant to put a fourth option that said:
    "Go back to bed Grumpy, you've got too much time on your hands"
    Feel free to copy & paste that in to your reply if you feel it applies lol.
    Who cares, its an obvious loophole & the rules are there to be broken.
    6.67%
    Its wrong, if we can't trust their methods of selling, can we trust what their selling ?.
    36.67%
    Admin should crack down, if people dont like the rules, go somewhere else !.
    56.67%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by tackle; 22 September, 2014, 17:32.

Re: People bending the classified rules

Not only that but it clearly states that if you list something in either the sales section or the swaps section then you should NOT list it again in the other section, this happens in a regular basis often within 5 minutes and the threads even appear together on the 'what's new' bit, that really gets my goat!
    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

I'd choose between its wrong and crack down.

Its wrong because its spamming and against the forum rules.

Members should crack down, not admins. If you see duplicate topics don't just tut and expect others/mods to sort it, report them i'm sure they will be swiftly removed.
      For Sale
      Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

Should we be quicker with the "Dislike" button ?

Irrespective if a seller has reasonable feedback ?

Comment

Originally posted by tackle View Post

No just use the report button.
          For Sale
          Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

I agree tackle but does that also mean that if you have an item up for swaps then change your mind and put it up for sale instead should we be reported, if that's the case then I should be as I recently had my m4 in the swaps section then after a week or so I decided to sell instead,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah the swaps rule is a bit grey, after all we'd all swap something if we got the right offer !
              For example take my missus......................please lol

Comment

That's exactly why the part of the sales template allows you to state if you would like to P/ex or swap but the rules CLEARLY state that if the item is listed in the swaps section then it should not be additionally listed in the sales section and these threads often follow each other in a matter of minutes which is clearly breaking the rules, should you list something in swaps and then decide a few days later to offer it for only exchanges then the sales thread should be closed and a new thread opened in the correct section
                And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

That's ok spatch I didn't want to sound like I was having a go, as I wasn't but after what tackle said I was genuinely worried that I had broken the rules, lol, I totally agree tackle, I wish someone would take my missus and kids, anyone want to trade a Wife and 3 kids for a tm meu, or even just a packet of crisps, lol

Comment

Originally posted by tackle View Post

Dislike if you want, but remember to report it too, its sales spamming. sometimes it is done for genuine reasons. but if its repeat offending it will be done and posts removed

Originally posted by Steve203 View Post
                    I agree tackle but does that also mean that if you have an item up for swaps then change your mind and put it up for sale instead should we be reported, if that's the case then I should be as I recently had my m4 in the swaps section then after a week or so I decided to sell instead,

no, you ask for your post to be moved to the right section and a price added....
                    Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

Ok thanks for the confirmation bob86, I just wasn't too sure where we would stand regarding this issue,

Comment

Still seeing the spamming, thought this thread might deter/heads up some people, time to push those "report" buttons methinks.

Comment

Well mate it seems like you know how to "tackle" the issue, haha,

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tackle 53 & a bit fat now but still knackered. Find out more about tackle
                          Working...
                          X