Loadout guys, how sinful is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loadout guys, how sinful is this?

I've purchased a M88 helmet and MTP cover to use with my MTP loadout.

You may think "WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS", well It's because it was £20 from the surplus store and they wanted silly money for their Mk6.

Will you all laugh at me for having a yank helmet?

Edit:

Helmet covers are made by the devil himself, they slip off so easily when putting them on.
    Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
    Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Re: Loadout guys, how sinful is this?

Probably but hey, thats just airsoft! Seriously though use what you like or can afford and screw what others say.
    The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

I tend to inwardly smile (never laugh!) at the little mistakes on the guys that have gone all out for a loadout than the people who've just gone for what they can afford / are comfortable in.

People laugh at you in and for playing airsoft no matter what you're wearing!

Comment

what you've lost in Gucci-ness, you've gained in weight, or more importantly the lack of it.
        Your viper lid will do the job just fine, still protect your nut from knocks & bb's, & you won't have sleepless nights wondering how your gonna pay the bills lol.

Comment

Originally posted by tackle View Post
          Your viper lid will do the job just fine, still protect your nut from knocks & bb's, & you won't have sleepless nights wondering how your gonna pay the bills lol.

Unfortunately what I saved on the helmet purchase I may have spent on a surplus MTP chest rig.
          I should never have moved away from DPM.

On the plus side I do look smashing.
          Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
          Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

Don't kid yourself, you'll never save money in airsoft, you'll just be able to buy more kit!
            The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Yep, agree with all of the above. It's not a fashion statement, if it's daft and works, it ain't daft. However, what you save with one, you will just spend more on the other. As the rule of thumb goes, buy the best you can afford. It's a game/ sport/ hobby. If some Nosher laughs at you for being "not pucker" just tell to jog on and get a life

Comment

You wear what your budget allows. My son wears his skateboard helmet with a black cover from the bay of e.
                Does the job and looks the job.
                To a man, not a bad comment on shoot days.
                sigpic
                "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

I am.sure it's been done kit swaps private purchases and trading. If you like it and it's comfortable rock.on.

Comment

Top tip on the helmet cover you'll see a lot of serving lads use green sniper tap round the base to help keep it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickybomb View Post

On the plus side I do look smashing.

What a splendid turn of phrase. Thank you for making me smile.
                      Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stickybomb NAE 10/11/12 attendee Find out more about Stickybomb
                      Working...
                      X