Sterling SMG Loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sterling SMG Loadout

I'm awaiting the immanent arrival of a Beta Project Sterling SMG and can't decide what gear to run with. I have an idea for an African rig but I'm stuck on an Brit loadout. Maybe 70s Naval medic attached to RM in NI or Falklands loadout, ideas gratefully received.

Re: Sterling SMG Loadout

Wild Geese or U.N.I.T.
    The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

I just have a generic british infantry of late 70's early 80's I use with my FAL/SLR so will just change weapon. Got some old school jungle/tropical DPM too for warmer days. I'm waiting on mine too.

Comment

Wild Geese! Good thinking BigAl Tropical DPM and the worst berets in history! I’m picking up the SMG from parcelfarce tomorrow afternoon when I get up (on nights). I’ve got some old 58 pattern belt kit and a 68 patt jacket which will do for now, thanks for the replies.

Comment

I've got one coming too, the last one from the retailer. You'll have to let me know your initial thoughts!

Comment

I've just taken the plunge on one too.. well i've asked for a quote for shipping and an instock request so hopefully if the shipping isnt extortionate and its in stock it'll go through. Are there any reviews of it around the place?

Comment

Shipping wasn't too bad for mine, $78 express which is 5-7 days plus any time for customs etc, another retailer has them for $305 inc postage.

Comment

Parcel in the back of the car but I don't think they'll appreciate me bringing it on site tonight. Worst case of I can't wait ever!

Comment

Got a right little beta-sterling club on the go!

Comment

Originally posted by pugwash View Post
                    Parcel in the back of the car but I don't think they'll appreciate me bringing it on site tonight. Worst case of I can't wait ever!
                    Have you opened it yet, quick, quick the suspense is killing me

Comment

Storm trooper suit. You need a storm trooper suit. A DPM storm trooper suit.
                      “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

Green trousers wooly pully and a beige beret early UNIT ftw.

Comment

Ok I have now opened up the box and.......it’s a belter. Rock solid in the same way that the real thing is heavy, compact and you could knock in nails with the butt.
                          The magazines go in easily but sit in the housing with no movement at all I bought 5 extra mags with mine and they all sit in the same. My only slight worries are that they have used plastic to recreate the catch that holds the stock in the folded position and there is no front sling point on mine, I don’t know why.

Comment

Hmm, plastic catch. Thats not cool. Does it lock away with any wobble?

Comment

I'm liking the sound of this. It doesn't have a sling mount on the front, the sling just clips through the vent holes, same as the real ones. When you say the holding catch on the stock is just hook shaped piece or the whole mechanism.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

pugwash Find out more about pugwash
                              Working...
                              X