Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Little Fella

Played last Sunday.

We all got chronoed, my son was chronoed and pass the site limit.

His friend bought a two toned AEG in zeroin and was chronoed +5 FPS and they didn't allow him to play, great thing I got one more AEG to lend this poor fella.

But the sad story is my teammate bought his AEG at their store and was chronoed beyond the standard FPS of there site.

Guess what...............hell sure you know.

They allowed him to play.

Big Bull...........

Re: Poor Little Fella

Time for a new site then!

Comment

It may have been a discretionary call on the part of the marshals: I've been to sites that tell players to stick to semi within an MED if they are a little over, but only if they can be trusted. Maybe their position was your adult mate could be trustworthy but nipper with the two tone couldn't.

I don't agree with it mind you. Site limit should be set in stone and a trustworthy player is one who makes darned sure he's not hot!

Comment

Most of us demand accurate FPS readings in second hand sales, why not from Retailers. If it's over, surely this technically means the item is not "fit for purpose" and the buyer should receive a full refund (or more likely a free spring downgrade).
        Put it this way, you wouldn't buy TV from a UK store, find it has a US plug and then accept "Oh well, it's your responsibility to check it's ok to use here" from the retailer. Why should airsoft retailers be any different.
        It is a touch different due to the cost involved in downgrading, but to sell a "hot" gun to someone I think is not on.

Comment

Most retailers don't give a shit about the fact you might actually be using at a game site , which is odd , to buy a RIF you have to prove your player , you buy the RIF then can't use it because as said above "it's not fit for purpose"

Money money money is the bottom and with a lot of retailers the only line.
          Instagram = No1jimmypie https://instagram.com/no1jimmypie/

Comment

Actuaaly the fella bought it brand new from zero one not zeroin, example 328 fps + 5 fps does not make any differece compared to 350- 370 fps aeg...that's why I stop playing for 3 years, from experience, I can easily know what's the difference between a 350Fps impact compared to a 400fps, been playing 400 + open fps back home. You abide by UKARA's rules and regulations and some people bend it.

Comment

Site limits vary though, sure I heard of a site running at 370 fps without MED. My nephew plays at a CQB site that allows full auto at 350 (ouch).

Comment

Thare's one in home turp here in UK......woodland (370fps).

Back home 450 fps speedball/ cqb full auto hehehe

Comment

Centaur - China, perhaps? Seen some of the Chinese airsoft videos, OWOWOWOWOW!

Comment

CQB is a pretty broad description. I have two sites that call themselves CQB local to me. One is an old navy/marines base that is building to building mostly and most engagements are actually at the 30-40m range. The other is underground and you are mostly shooting within 10m all day. Both allow 350 full auto, both are good, but the latter is well worth investing in a lot of protective gear prior to playing there. The old base had a discussion on facebook a while back about their full auto policy and you could tell the guys who had just joined the group but never visited the site because they were all saying "full auto CQB? no thanks". Good old internet: allowing people who don't know what they are talking about to have their say.
                    Back on topic: The best you are going to get from retailers is a downgrade/upgrade service because they don't magically know what FPS you actually need. Be it Mall friendly 328, a typical sites 350, an open field style 370, or a DMR 400-450. And you are going to have to pay for that because if they are going to send it out with a warrantee then they are going to want to be assured of the quality of the workmanship before they let it leave.

Comment

Done
                      Last edited by centaur; 4 October, 2014, 10:12.

Comment

My personal open fps set up at home......

Comment

Figjam - it was the latter of your two examples! 😜

Comment

Is that a DMR, or standard assault Centaur?

Comment

Originally posted by RitchieTheBrit View Post
                              Is that a DMR, or standard assault Centaur?
                              Speed Ball/CQB. watch it on Youtube, just type in Speed Ball Airsoft, and see how close we get ahihihi.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

centaur Dedicated Airsofter! Find out more about centaur
                              Working...
                              X