Thread: GZ Urban - the end of an era..and the future

Default GZ Urban - the end of an era..and the future

Afternoon all,

Unfortunately, next Sundays Urban game (21/12) will be our last EVER at Sopley !

Merryfield Park is finally being redeveloped, meaning it will be be closing for good before the end of the year.

When we started GZ Urban at Sopley in 2007 (!!!) we knew it wasn't going to be for ever, but it's still sad that we are closing our doors..

However, we intend to go out with a bang, so please join us for our final game on Sunday 21/12.

Following our last Urban game, we will be running Saturday games at GZ Woodland, starting on Sat 3rd January, with our alternate Sunday GZ Woodland games continuing as normal.

Any questions, please just ask..

Rich
    GZ Marshal since 2004...yeah, that's ELEVEN YEARS !!!

GZ Urban.....2007 - 2014 RIP

Default Re: GZ Urban - the end of an era..and the future

Will you be looking for another local CQB site?
    JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Quote Originally Posted by N_Scooby View Post
    Will you be looking for another local CQB site?
    We are, and have been looking for a while. So far none of the people or places we have investigated have come through.

A few people were calling me back about opportunities and never called, also a few places i found have said they are not interested in allowing it, but the search continues..........

Either way Sopley has been a great place to "hang" for the last 7 years, and thanks to everyone for making it so enjoyable.
    REMEMBER : Always report cheating tag numbers to a marshal. If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.Bitching about cheaters/problems, but doing nothing to catch/solve them safely ensures the problem exists next time.

You can't be bothered to report them, and they can't be bothered to take their hits. Perhaps they should all join a team called the can't be bothered and all sit together quietly as the can't be bothered to speak to each other.

Saturday games bit is interesting, you may well see me more than once a year!

Guys iv got all geared up for tomorrow at Sopley and the ak has packed up I'm tinkering now but it seems gearbox is to answer. If anyone is going tomorrow and has a rifle there poss selling please let me know as I would be very interested. Cheers

I'm gutted I missed this!

I really enjoyed playing at Sopley, some good experiences and memories. I'm going to have to look further afield for my CQB fix...

RIP sopley

A massive thank you to all the players and marshals who attended our last Urban game at Sopley on Sunday.

It was great to see you all, and that you all enjoyed the day !!

I'm not a sentimental person, but once the team sashes had been collected in and the players were heading back to the Safe Zone, I took one final walk up through our site. Upon reaching the Kill House, I sat in there for a few minutes listening to the echoes of 7 years worth of quality airsoft - the pyros going off, laughter, cries of pain as BB's hit flesh, my safety briefs and above all, players enjoying that unique brand of airsoft only Ground Zero provide.

Ground Zero Urban.....we are going to miss you !!

Rich

It was a sad moment at the end. Sopley was one of the first sites I ever played at, and the site was a big part of me falling in love with the sport. It's a real shame to see it go.

Rich, do we have any idea if/when the photos of the day will be up?
    Not actually a builder
    Not actually called Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by bobthebuilder View Post
    It was a sad moment at the end. Sopley was one of the first sites I ever played at, and the site was a big part of me falling in love with the sport. It's a real shame to see it go.

Rich, do we have any idea if/when the photos of the day will be up?
    Bob,

The guy taking the photos was Matt, one of our Marshals, so there is a good chance the photos will appear on here at some point. I'll get in touch with him..

Rich

Hello, hope you all had a good Christmas.
    Just to clarify.. will there now be a game every weekend at woodland alternating Saturdays and Sundays?
    cheers
    Russ

Quote Originally Posted by RussC View Post
    Hello, hope you all had a good Christmas.
    Just to clarify.. will there now be a game every weekend at woodland alternating Saturdays and Sundays?
    cheers
    Russ
    Russ,
    That's exactly it..
    Sunday Woodlands will continue every two weeks, and on the alternate weekends we will have a Saturday Woodland
    Rich

Rich a question if I may, will the format of Saturdays be the same as the regular Sundays? I.E. with the same open/rolling game plan type of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by andy02380 View Post
    Rich a question if I may, will the format of Saturdays be the same as the regular Sundays? I.E. with the same open/rolling game plan type of thing.
    Andy,

The Saturday format is different. It's much more in line with how we ran Urban, stop-start games, more focused, plenty of contact and everyone comes down for tea breaks/lunch at the same time.

There is no ZeroOne shop at the Saturday gamed, but we are selling BB's and gas, along with drinks, crisps and chocolate.

Rich