Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave makes night vision!!!

Night Vision is cool. Really cool.

So when a friend pointed out that a surplus shop was selling P8079HP tubes from Challenger Tanks for £35 a go, I simply couldn't resist.

Weighing in at a wopping 1kg, these triple cascade gen 1 tubes offer a gain of 100,000x which is on par with modern gen3+ systems, but at a massively increased size and weight.

So I've ordered the tube, I'm building a power regulator circuit with a friend and we're manufacturing ourselves a pair of rugged water proof housings using simple tools, with a few flash bits made using a laser cutter/3d printer.

I'll put up progress pics here as it happens
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Re: Dave makes night vision!!!

wow sounds to be an amazing project. Cant wait to see results

Comment

Ditto, subscribed!

Comment

Exciting stuff Dave, be great to watch it's progress, clever stuff indeed.........(How's the neutron bomb out of a shoe box, light bulb and two coke tins coming along ? lol) ...seriously though, well done mate, very impressive.
        "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

So the tube arrived, is clean and works!!!!! Will take get photos and videos online tomorrow
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Any more progress mate ?

Comment

Hello
              I want a p8079hp tube to make me a night vision for a very long time, I'm french and I do not find this material in France, so my question: est'il possible to ship it to me one copy?
              The price and shipping was my charge, your price will be mine, I have a paypal account to pay
              I really hope a positive response to my request
              Sincerely, Alain

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dave38x East midlands based airsofter & member of Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team. I am the team armourer and do the majority of our tech-work, as well as tech work/one off manufacturing jobs for others. Find out more about dave38x
              Working...
              X