Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Current scout/ scout sniper loadout suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current scout/ scout sniper loadout suggestions?

Right going through the dpm phase atm, but fancy setting some current british kit up, though i prefer going light, hence scout, and I've recently decided to take the role of sniper up as well, but don't fancy dressing up as wookie (no offence chewie)
    will probably foray into milsim games at some point too
    So has anyone got any suggestions for kit/rigs and gear that roughly go well with either a scout/ scout sniper/ DM role or loadout? i suppose being modern it has to be mtp/multicam gear as well?

My own thoughts were maybe osprey rig, with minimal pouches?

Thanks
    Alpha

Re: Current scout/ scout sniper loadout suggestions?

You could go with an Iraq era loadout and use PLCE Webbing and if you really wanted a set of CBA [body armour]. It would be best to use DPM with this in the UK for obvious reasons but if you desired MTP is possible for the webbing as well as the combat shirt and trousers. The reason why I suggest webbing is when properly set up its reasonably light, allows for a wide range of movement, doesn't cause build up of heat and is easy to access the pouches on if prone [easy access can also be said for the Osprey if set up correctly but this removes possibility of utilisation of the front section of Molle]. However it's downside is that its not terribly customisable in comparison to the Molle systems.

If your intending to use a helmet I'd stay away from the Mk6 as it has a nasty habit of making aiming whilst in the prone position rather uncomfortable and if you have a day sack on almost impossible. As your going for a Sniper role perhaps a forage cap or a booni/jungle hat.

Comment

Sounds like an idea, got nothing againt dpm for regular skirmishing, in fact prefer it, as far as i can tell the milsim games im looking at have a brits in multicam/mtp rule on loadouts, not particularly interested in playing insurgent either, plce webbing looks like the ticket then, I'll stick to the jungle hat, if it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Standard kit will serve you well, although I use a Fast helmet with dpm mk6/7 cover on.
        Snipers go with concealment as ANY movement will catch the eye. To really blend in with your surroundings stuff immediate local foliage into your kit.
        sigpic
        "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

Standard kit it is, on my research, i did notice an mtp osprey belt rig, possible alternative to plce or osprey PC, might have to think about a light weight half ghillie type thing, seeing as im really not impressed with mtps ability to help me hide (far too light for my local site) or even just use mtp when I'm trying to be fairly accurate to current British kit, looks like I'll start putting the gear together once i get paid, cheers for the help and ideas, greatly appreciated

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Alpha.s1 Find out more about Alpha.s1
          Working...
          X