Thread: PC Gamers unite!

Default PC Gamers unite!

Thought it might be a good idea to get a PC gaming thread going as the others I've seen are those asking for help on building a gaming rig...

I'll start with a current PC spec and go on to games I'm currently playing. So here goes!

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97P
    CPU: Intel i5 4690k (Standard clock speed, standard cooler)
    GPU: ASUS Nvidia GTX780 Direct CUII (3Gb and massively overclockable)
    RAM: 16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz
    Storage: Samsung Evo840 240Gb SSD for Windows and various programs, OCZ 240Gb SSD for games, 1Tb 7200rpm Toshiba HDD for storage and a 1Tb external drive for extra storage and backups.
    Case: Fractal Design CORE 2500 (I had to replace my old case as the graphics card was pushing up against the HDD bays, no errors but didn't seem right.

This PC runs BF4 on ultra @ 110fps average, Arma 3 (with V-Sync turned on, all settings are High or Ultra) at 60fps as V-Sync limits it to that. Insurgency runs at 130fps+ and BF Hardline runs at around 90fps on Ultra.

I'm currently playing...
    Arma 3 - Wasteland, Overpoch and Battle Royale, along with occasional King Of The Hill.
    Battlefield 4 - Sometimes anyway... Depends how stable my internet is. The game always plays smoothly buuuuuuut the netcoding means I may be around a corner and still die.
    BF Hardline Beta - Still undecided on this if I'm honest. I'll give it a few more hours but it just doesn't feel as fluid as BF4.
    Insurgency - If you want a hard, fast paced FPS, this is the game for you. No heads up display to get in the way, no superimposed crosshairs to help with your hip fire, no ammo count. The only things you get are your fire mode and how many mags you have. The bots are ruthless and will actually sneak up on you instead of opening fire as soon as they see you and you need to be careful how much weight you carry as it'll slow you down!

So yeah... I know there are a lot of PC gamers out there. Anyone else record their footage? I'm using Shadowplay to record which is great as it doesn't impact the in-game fps and still records at 60fps.

Link to my YouTube channel. Not much on here at the moment as it's a chore to upload videos on a 0.5mb upload connection...
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Default Re: PC Gamers unite!

Mine.
    Zalman z3 plus case.
    Gigabyte z97x-sli mobo
    Intel i5 4690k @4.30ghz, liquid cooled.
    16 gig Corsair vengence Ram @1866mhz
    Gigabyte GTX770oc GPU running overclocked above factory OC.
    Creative fatality SB sound card.
    Toshiba 1tb hybrid HDD.
    Currently playing elite dangerous as I've given up on the brokenness of BF4.
    Could still get it to 200fps on ultra, vsync off on a 1920x1080 monitor though.
    Averages 120-140 FPS though.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

I'll happily play.

Spec:
    Cpu: Intel Core i5 4690k - standard clock speed, corsair H80i cooler
    GPU: MSI R9 270X Gaming 2G ITX - I think I'm using standard clock speeds at the moment.
    Ram: 8GB Corsair Vengence (2 x 4GB) 1600mhz
    Storage: Crucial Mx100 256GB SSD for OS and other programs
    Toshiba 2TB HDD for bulk storage
    Case: CoolerMaster K380

All this, and I'm currently playing Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark forces 2. A game that happily ran on a windows ME era laptop....
    what can I say, I love me some nostalgia.
    Not actually a builder
    Not actually called Bob.

CPU: Intel i7 4970k @ 4.5
    GPU: 2 X Titan
    RAM: 32gb Corsair 2400mhz
    MB: Maximus Z97
    HD: 2x intel 512 SSD
    Audio: MOTU pci 24 i/o
    Case: Corsair Obsidian 750
    Cooling: Full watercool setup, CPU & GPU

Current games: Dayz Standalone, Titanfall, Eve Online, occasionally BF4 or Sid Miers Beyond Earth
    the horror... the horror... (of the amount spent on airsoft)

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kurtz View Post
    CPU: Intel i7 4970k @ 4.5
    GPU: 2 X Titan
    RAM: 32gb Corsair 2400mhz
    MB: Maximus Z97
    HD: 2x intel 512 SSD
    Audio: MOTU pci 24 i/o
    Case: Corsair Obsidian 750
    Cooling: Full watercool setup, CPU & GPU

Current games: Dayz Standalone, Titanfall, Eve Online, occasionally BF4 or Sid Miers Beyond Earth
    A PAIR of Titans?! Holy crap...
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ standard clock speed
    GPU: MSI HD 7970
    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengance LP
    MB: Gigabyte P67A UD4 B3
    HD: 2x Kingston 120GB SSDs, 1TB WD, 250GB WD
    Case: Corsair Obsidian 750d
    Cooling: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Advanced

Games: BF4,AOE3,CS:S,DayZ,WoW+others.

My fairly recent build:

Intel Core i7 4790K 4GHz Socket 1150 8MB L3 Cache
    Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming G1 Socket 1150 DVI HDMI DisplayPort 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 4GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Graphics Card
    2 x G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 2800MHz Memory
    2 x PNY 240GB Prevail 2.5inch SSD - Raid 1
    Gigabyte Krypton Dual Chassis Gaming Mouse
    Logitech C920 Webcam with 1080p recording and 720p video calling
    XFX Black Edition 850W Fully Modular 80+ Gold Power Supply
    Corsair Obsidian Series 550D Silent Case
    2 x WD Black 4 TB SATA 6 Gb/s 3.5-inch Internal Desktop Hard Drive
    LG BH16NS40 16x Internal Blu Ray Write with SATA

I'll let Steam tell you what I've been playing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Rampage...games/?tab=all

I've sunk a few hours into BF4, SimCity and Crysis 3 as well, but get bored of them pretty easily.

I got the webcam as I was planning on doing some show'n tell stuff with my guns, haven't yet got round to it and not sure I ever will... I like my lazy evenings too much :D

Quote Originally Posted by helpimonfire View Post
    A PAIR of Titans?! Holy crap...
    Hehe indeed, why buy one when you can buy two at twice the price

fortunately i do have enough CAD software and monitors to make it vaguely pointfull
    the horror... the horror... (of the amount spent on airsoft)

And it'll still crawl when translating .RVT to .ifc formats, Autodesk Fail sometimes.
    Opinions are like ar**holes, everyone has one.

Usually found being very unimpressed by a lot of players, but gets a pleasant surprise when they actually have a clue on a game day.

Just upgraded my old gaming rig. Was running an AMD Phenom II X2 555 black edition, an nvidia GTX 460, and 4GB of RAM.

I'm now running an intel I5 4690K, nvidia GTX 960, and 8GB of ram. Huge improvement! (As to be expected obviously).

If anyone wants to, add me on steam. ID is david777666, nickname Coski. I mainly play CS:GO, H1Z1 and Arma 3.
    TM MP7 GBB | G&G M14 DMR | Wa Shan Sawn Off | TM Hi Capa 5.1 | Marushin SAA | Socom Gear Novak Next x2

How does the GTX960 handle Arma 3? It's well known that it's a bit of a resource hog...

Should've saved the extra for the 970.
    The 960 is mega restricted with its FSB size.
    It should run arma3 though.

In other news.
    Elite dangerous is stunning.

section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Time to geek this up a bit with a sim pit..

20150311_180849.jpg20150311_180913.jpg

Built it for the release for star citizen and the oculus rift.. but unfortunately i have to get rid of it as I'm moving. (If anyone wants a sim pit let me know )

PC specs aren't as special as some peoples but they play the latest games so it's all i need.

iNTEL i7-2600K
    8GB RAM
    120GB SSD
    240GB SSD
    500GB HD
    NVIDIA 780GTX

Mainly play BF4, Arma 3, Rust, Chivalry: Medieval Warefare.. and Cities: Skyline haha

Recently updated my build.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 oc 4.5ghz
    GPU: MSI R9 390x
    RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX @1833mhz
    MB: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    HD: Samsung 250GB SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD
    Case: Corsair Spec 01
    Cooling: H100i

Main games played: Star citizen, Elite Dangerous, Arma 3, War Thunder, Kingdom Come Deliverance (rest can be seen on Steam feel free to add me: bav3333)

Also looking to build a simpit especially for Star citizen and elite dangerous when oculus rift retails.

Was going to post a similar thread, but thought I would just attempt at reviving this one. My current build -

CPU - AMD FX-8350
    Motherboard - Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0
    GPU - MSI 1070 Armor OC
    RAM - 16GB Kingston DDR3
    HDD - 2TB Western Digital
    SSD - 500GB Samsung 850 Evo
    Cooling - Corsair H55 for CPU, 2x 140mm intake (Noctua), 1x 120mm bottom (Corsair), 1x 140mm top case fan (Noctua)
    Case - Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout

CPU, mobo, RAM and cooling being replaced on Saturday with AMD Ryzen R7 1700, MSI Tomahawk B350, 16GB Corsair DDR4 RAM and a Arctic Liquid Freezer 240. Will have to wait for Arctic to send the retention ring for AM4 mobo though. Will post pics over the weekend when I have the new components.

(Edit) Games I play regularly - FIFA 17, The Golf Club, The Witcher 3, Final Fantasy X-2, GTA 5
    Games I sometimes play - Far Cry 4, Max Payne 3, Homefront: The Revolution, Forza Horizon 3, Fallout 4, Just Cause 3, Metal Gear Solid 5, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
    Games I am itching to play, but have not been released yet - Mass Effect Andromeda, The Golf Club 2, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Final Fantasy XV (for PC), Nier Automata, Middle Earth: Shadow of War

CPU: AMD FX 9590k @ 5.56GHz
    Motherboard: MSI 990FXA GAMING
    GPU: Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Founders
    RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance (2133MHz) (4x8GB)
    Storage: (We'll come back to this)
    Case: Caselabs Merlin SM8
    Cooling: Custom water loop

Front - 360mm Rad (pull-push)
    Top - 420mm Rad (pull-push)
    Rear - 140mm Rad (push-pull)

Fans pulling on rads are Corsair SP120/140's
    Fals pushing on rads are Corsair SP120/140 LED's

Bitfenix Alchemy lighting

Storage: Storage is external and is on a NAS that runs over 2 10Gbit lines from the PC to a rackmount server

2U 10Gbit switch takes the load for the NAS, 2 dedicated 4U Dual xeon server units as well as my PC and a media center

My backup PC is quite a contrast because its still running DDR2 ram, an AMD Opteron and my first ever GPU, my gorgeous AMD XFX Radeon 6580 HD

Also trying to sell my lovely little card, but its apparently difficult. RIP GPU - You're still special to me - Even though I'm tryin to sell you

CPU - Intel core i5 7600k @ 5.1ghz (1.325v)
    Motherboard - Asus z270i strix itx
    GPU - Evga gtx 1080ti FTW3
    RAM - Corsair Vengence Pro Led 16gb (2*8gb)3200mhz (overcloked to 3600mhz)(1.37v)
    SSD - Samsung sm951 256gb m.2 ssd primary, Samsung 1TB games and storage
    Cooling - Corsair h105 aio for cpu keeps it under 70 degrees during gaming and bench runs (30 degrees at idle)
    Case - phanaks elvoo itx special red edition case
    PSU - Superflower platinum 750w fully modular with custom red braied cable set

dam thing is like a nukular missile plays everthing maxed out at 1080p at 144fps and at 1440p, such as the division, bf1 fallout4, masseffect andromeda, titanfall and finally titanfall2. best of all gpu never goes above 65 degrees and keeps at 1974 boost clock, no need to overclock it, thanks to 2 140mm mag lev red led fans from corsair drawing in cool air, system remains very quite at idle and gaming which is very nice although i have a head set so i cant hear anything