Two tone and starting to skirmish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two tone and starting to skirmish

Hi I just need help with the rules of UKARA before I start skirmishing.

I bought my first gun about a month ago and it had to be painted two tones, since then I have been changing out the parts by adding a rail, stock and that kind of thing.
    So now it looks like a real gun, so my question is, would I have to change it back to a two tone before attending my first skirmish?
    If so, would changing it to the original green hand guard and stock be enough? or would I have to change the pistol grip as well?
    Thanks

Re: Two tone and starting to skirmish

Technically you have broken the rules by swapping the parts out. But then we go onto the part that technically wherever you bought it from broke the rules too. As the painted parts aren't supposed to be the easiest and cheapest parts to change. Shops do this to circumvent the rules. And is immoral

Comment

So you've manufactured a rif?
      For Sale
      Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

Originally posted by HuntR View Post
        Technically you have broken the rules by swapping the parts out. But then we go onto the part that technically wherever you bought it from broke the rules too. As the painted parts aren't supposed to be the easiest and cheapest parts to change. Shops do this to circumvent the rules. And is immoral
        As I'am very new to this I wasnt aware what parts needed to be painted. I just thought I'd change out some parts to make it look cool.

Originally posted by Vex View Post
        So you've manufactured a rif?
        I guess so, but i wasnt aware that the rules were so strict owning one. I just thought they were mainly enforced if going out in public with it and going to skirmishes.

Comment

Then why did you think the parts were painted in the first place? The law is the law where ever you are... I suggest you read up on them.
          For Sale
          Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

Quick call the UKARA police, he hasn't got a UKARA LISUNSE!

Comment

Well now the parts are off, you may as well leave them off as putting them on and removing them again would be breaking the law again, you'll also want to not disassemble your gun yourself for the same reason. You're free to use it however as possession and usage isn't a crime.

Once you've become a 'regular skirmisher', feel free to do whatever you like with it, you'll then have a defense against prosecution.

Isn't it brilliant how unenforceable current law is? *sarcasm*
              Originally posted by Lt. Macka
              big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Chill out (some of you) guys, I don't think Frostlord sounds like much of a gun criminal, he just sounds like a decent guy tying to behave responsibly, which is why he's asking us....but of course, he is still a bit confused about the percieved rules and regs, and lets face it, most people are, that's not a crime in itself, and as Proto says, niether is owning a RIF.....so now you've done it mate, it's done...but, never display a RIF in a public place, always carry it to games discretly and safely, and you wont have much of a problem, so, join a club Frostlord, get a few games in, get your UKARA number,and enjoy your gun and enjoy Airsoft..good luck mate.
                "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

You don't even need UKARA just play and be an airsofter.

Comment

Originally posted by Vex View Post
                    Then why did you think the parts were painted in the first place? The law is the law where ever you are... I suggest you read up on them.
                    I just thought they needed to paint it just to sell it. Guess I should have read up on the rules first.

Originally posted by heroshark View Post
                    Quick call the UKARA police, he hasn't got a UKARA LISUNSE!
                    I'd better make a run for it.

Originally posted by Proto View Post
                    Well now the parts are off, you may as well leave them off as putting them on and removing them again would be breaking the law again, you'll also want to not disassemble your gun yourself for the same reason. You're free to use it however as possession and usage isn't a crime.

Once you've become a 'regular skirmisher', feel free to do whatever you like with it, you'll then have a defense against prosecution.

Isn't it brilliant how unenforceable current law is? *sarcasm*
                    Is that true?

Originally posted by steve grey View Post
                    Chill out (some of you) guys, I don't think Frostlord sounds like much of a gun criminal, he just sounds like a decent guy tying to behave responsibly, which is why he's asking us....but of course, he is still a bit confused about the percieved rules and regs, and lets face it, most people are, that's not a crime in itself, and as Proto says, niether is owning a RIF.....so now you've done it mate, it's done...but, never display a RIF in a public place, always carry it to games discretly and safely, and you wont have much of a problem, so, join a club Frostlord, get a few games in, get your UKARA number,and enjoy your gun and enjoy Airsoft..good luck mate.
                    Thanks mate, nah I'm not a gun criminal lol.
                    Being from Australia(where airsoft is illegal) I was just so excited top get started I didn't think about all the rules that come with it

Comment

Technically he is a gun criminal. He manufactured a RIF. Absurd as it is. Your excuses do not wash with me. First it's 'I just thought they were mainly enforced if going out in public with it and going to skirmishes' wtf? Then 'I just thought they needed to paint it just to sell it'
                      Did you not find it odd how some guns were normal and some were two toned and you were not able to buy a normal one?

It's blatant skirting of the law. No one can be that dim surely?

Comment

Originally posted by Frostlord View Post
                        Is that true?
                        The problems are manufacturing (what you did), selling (not buying) and importation, owning and using aren't covered by the Violent Crime Reduction Act which is the main part of what effects us.
                        Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                        big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanNo2 View Post
                          Technically he is a gun criminal. He manufactured a RIF. Absurd as it is. Your excuses do not wash with me. First it's 'I just thought they were mainly enforced if going out in public with it and going to skirmishes' wtf? Then 'I just thought they needed to paint it just to sell it'
                          Did you not find it odd how some guns were normal and some were two toned and you were not able to buy a normal one?

It's blatant skirting of the law. No one can be that dim surely?
                          Haha ok then, I guess I'am then.
                          I knew they coundnt sell me a normal one if I wasnt a skirmisher, but I didnt think that having it in my house with upgraded parts was against the law. I'd not stupid enough to go out in public with it, I just wanted to know if I would have to change it back before attending a skirmish.

Originally posted by Proto View Post
                          The problems are manufacturing (what you did), selling (not buying) and importation, owning and using aren't covered by the Violent Crime Reduction Act which is the main part of what effects us.
                          Ok then, I know that now

Comment

You will not need to change it back before attending a skirmish; nobody there will care. The UKARA Stasi will not arrest you at the entrance as they will be too busy waiting to ambush passers-by on here.

Comment

Originally posted by colinjallen View Post
                              You will not need to change it back before attending a skirmish; nobody there will care. The UKARA Stasi will not arrest you at the entrance as they will be too busy waiting to ambush passers-by on here.
                              lol I didn't think so, thanks mate.
                              I'll probably change it back anyway so I don't upset anyone.
                              Some of the guys on here make it sound like the police are hunting me down this very second

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Frostlord Find out more about Frostlord
                              Working...
                              X