Vsr 10 bolt and firing issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vsr 10 bolt and firing issues...

Guys, I decided to upgrade my vsr and started with shs steel sears in the trigger unit.
    They didn't fit so I filed them down and after installing they seems to be fine.

Then I installed the TM own brand tightbore and an element spring.

So first few rounds it doesn't shoot well, the hop isn't taking effect..
    I switched the spring back to my old one and now the bolt is very difficult to push back into place, sometimes it will go back, other times it slam fires.

When you do push the bolt back I to place (forcefully) it almost feels like I'm releasing tension in the spring - then when it does fire it's like its going off half cocked and the bb barely escaped the barrel....

Occasionally the trigger won't do anything, nothing happens at all.

So, I'm thinking the sears are nackered? And maybe the piston too?

So switch back to the old sears? Perhaps totally replace the trigger unit? I read that a 90 degree trigger unit is needed for higher powered springs? Is that the case?

I'm pretty annoyed and the vsr has been a very reliable rifke since I got it in 2008!!!

Cheers
    Andy
    Last edited by Lt. Macka; 8 February, 2015, 20:17.
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Re: Vsr 10 bolt and firing issues...

Ba, too late to edit.
    Can anyone recommend a better trigger unit for the higher powered stuff?

Cheers
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
    Working...
    X