Rough VSR Bolt Solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough VSR Bolt Solution

Just thought I'd share the solution to a problem I've been having and I have seen people with similar issues elsewhere.

I upgraded my TM VSR Gspec with a new spring, guide, ez trigger and piston and noticed the bolt pull was very rough, especially on trying to slide it forward again. I took it apart, cleaned and greased it, swapped out a new cylinder and still no joy.
    It turned out to be the white nylon rings that go between the cylinder and the metal stock. The front one was loose and was tilting forward and rubbing against the cylinder. I carefully superglued it in place and re lubed everything and the bolt cycle is smooth as silk. Hope this helps!

Re: Rough VSR Bolt Solution

Interesting! I will have to try this as i've done the same full Laylax upgrades and the bolt pull feels notchy and scrapy (i can see marks on the teflon cylinder that part of the trigger has made not sure if that should be happening) What are you using to lubricate the outer cylinder then?

Comment

Re: Rough VSR Bolt Solution

Originally posted by Trikz View Post
      Interesting! I will have to try this as i've done the same full Laylax upgrades and the bolt pull feels notchy and scrapy (i can see marks on the teflon cylinder that part of the trigger has made not sure if that should be happening) What are you using to lubricate the outer cylinder then?
      A combination of Silicon grease from Halfords and some silicon spray called kickass gun lube.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Trikz View Post
      A combination of Silicon grease from Halfords and some silicon spray called kickass gun lube.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Suemoo Find out more about Suemoo
      Working...
      X