Collapse

HPA'd WE HK416 (888c). Fully converted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HPA'd WE HK416 (888c). Fully converted.

Hi to all,

So I wanted to share this new system with everyone so anyone that has seen my weapon list on my profile can see what I mean about Not Tapped Mags.

Here we have a WE HK416 otherwise known as the 888c, this has been internally modified to run solely on an HPA setup, a lot like my SMP just a more robust build.
    I will of course be doing a video review of this once I get an air line to fit in which is on order but from what I believe this system will not run on my Redline regulator like my SMP as it requires somewhere around 200psi to run it but I am going to test it on mine and see what happens as there’s another guy who has one in the UK running this on their purpose made regulator but at 70psi so I see no reason why my Redline can’t power it. If it has to be ran on their regulator then it's not a massive issue as they are only £60-65 posted to UK which isn't expensive in the slightest compared to come regs.

I have had the stock changed out as I hate the retractable stock these come with and I did expect this to fitted with a crane style stock as shown in the video below but it clearly didn’t which isn’t an issue as I have every intension to put a CTR stock on anyway.

The video underneath the pictures will give you a rough idea of how this system run and my review will give you a first person up close view of it.

But this will have all the fun and recoil of a standard GBBR without the weather problem that comes with gas which in itself is a bonus.

Video from Supplier : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LXnbOQr81Y

Re: HPA'd WE HK416 (888c). Fully converted.

Very curious to see someone using the alyan kit.
    look forward the rest of your insight. Something I've been strongly debating myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Smeg2727 View Post
      Very curious to see someone using the alyan kit.
      look forward the rest of your insight. Something I've been strongly debating myself.
      will post a video review in the next week or so of this and will follow it up with some game day footage.

Comment

No bolt lock then? So you built a P* with recoil?

Comment

Originally posted by StargateP90 View Post
          No bolt lock then? So you built a P* with recoil?
          Yeah it’s however you look at its a P* or Wolverine SMP with recoil and no bolt stop. With the design it makes the bolt redundant as there’s no mag going fully inside. It just like as a GBBR is without two functions, gas and bolt stop.

Comment

Without bolt stop its pointless for me - nice work though. There is a fella who did a very similar thing to a WE Scar, started off the same way but he eventually added a bolt stop. Can't remember how he did it but heres my idea.

I assume your going to use AEG mags? If so I don't think it would be too hard to implement one. However it would mean that each mag would have to be modified to in order for it to work. You could modify the magazine shell so when the follower reaches the top it pushes a pin/rod up activating the original bolt lock function, usually attached very close to the feed lip you've modded to fit inside the magwell. Just a idea.

Comment

This is really awesome, Been thinking of several ways in which to get the mag capacity of AEGs but with the recoil of a GBBR (the biggest drawback to using Gas against AEGs) it was either this or looking at rigging a hi cap up with a gbbr magazine with some drilling work! how did you make the gas container for that metal airline?

Comment

Originally posted by cheesenibbler View Post
                This is really awesome, Been thinking of several ways in which to get the mag capacity of AEGs but with the recoil of a GBBR (the biggest drawback to using Gas against AEGs) it was either this or looking at rigging a hi cap up with a gbbr magazine with some drilling work! how did you make the gas container for that metal airline?
                Hi, all this has been made by an Airsoft supplier called Aylan Airsoft which can be found here : http://www.alyanairsoft.com/

I haven't yet tested this system but I can imagine it will be awesome as it will have all the recoil of a GBBR but using an HPA setup.

Comment

Should go the whole hog and make everything steel!! Super heavy bolt + HPA? Zero cooldown Massive recoil.

Edit - £135.00 for an HPA conversion and no bolt lock? No thanks.

Comment

Should go the whole hog and make everything steel!! Super heavy bolt + HPA? Zero cooldown Massive recoil.

the only problem with doing that would be more PSI to be added to make it recoil 100%. The marker of this says as it is with a lighten bolt it requires at least 200psi to run to effectively but I will be testing that of course on my regulator as I know someone else with a Scar version of this system and he’s running his at 70psi with an FPS of 338.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if you look at his design a bolt stop would be near impossible to have on this system as there’s actually no where for it to go. If your actually really bothered about a bolt stop then this system isn’t for you but if your like me and not fussed then it’s great as I have a Wolverine SMP which is an excellent system so this being kinda the same but with recoil = AWESOME

Comment

Indeed. Increase the PSI at source but fit a restrictor disc. Stable FPS oodles of recoil.

Edit - There is a way of doing, as I mentioned. Could work, the bolt stop feature on the WE mags only takes minimal pressure to engage it.
                      Last edited by StargateP90; 27 February, 2015, 15:57.

Comment

Alyan is making these work on TM recoil makes, and making the bolt stop work on his newer gen set ups

Comment

Originally posted by Smeg2727 View Post
                          Alyan is making these work on TM recoil makes, and making the bolt stop work on his newer gen set ups
                          wonder why he's not doing the bolt stop on these ones then, strange

Comment

Anyone thinking of getting one of these DONT BOTHER

so here's the first discovery of the main issue. bare with me was having a moment with the bottle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwsLDeJYWyQ

then i found this after removing the main conversion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m6Hf4fqd_0

Comment

That's certainly something. ...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Qlimax87 Find out more about Qlimax87
                              Working...
                              X