VFC HK 417 AEG Video Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFC HK 417 AEG Video Review

Ive owned my VFC HK 417 for about six months now and its clocked in many days worth of skirmishing time, so i felt that i was able to give it a fair review on how it performs. I cover everything that i wanted to say about the gun in the video review below, so have a gander and let me know what you think.

Re: VFC HK 417 AEG Video Review

How do you find the mid caps ?
    Notoriously bad for feeding, and with mine (7 of them) I'm hard pressed if I can get more than 60 rounds into it, let alone getting them to feed back out.

Comment

I've only ever used the one mid-cap thats included with the gun but i've had no trouble with it at all. It could be that i got lucky with it, but its never let me down. Tend to rely more on the high-caps so it could be that i just havent used the mid cap enough.

Comment

Im thinking of getting one of these Dale, would you recommend running 7.4 Lipos or do you think it would be ok with 11.1's?
        Cheers.

Comment

i've recently acquired a 417 and 7.4v lipos will be more than enough decent trigger response and a good fire rate, you could go down the route of using normal NiMH battries 9.6v 1600mah seems to be the sweet spot just be sure to order crane style as any other sort will not fit the stock. regarding 11.1v lipos yes use them but be warned, exsessive use and you'll burn out the trigger switch unless you purchase a mosfett.
          if you go the lipo route be sure to check sizes of batts first as some retailers will not accept returns unless the battery arrives faulty.
          personally i'd recommend either 7.4v lipos or 9.6v NiHM batts for the 417, but just be careful about 11.1v
          lipos, at the end of the day it's your decision just hope i've helped you make the right decision

Comment

Originally posted by wookie87 View Post
            i've recently acquired a 417 and 7.4v lipos will be more than enough decent trigger response and a good fire rate, you could go down the route of using normal NiMH battries 9.6v 1600mah seems to be the sweet spot just be sure to order crane style as any other sort will not fit the stock. regarding 11.1v lipos yes use them but be warned, exsessive use and you'll burn out the trigger switch unless you purchase a mosfett.
            if you go the lipo route be sure to check sizes of batts first as some retailers will not accept returns unless the battery arrives faulty.
            personally i'd recommend either 7.4v lipos or 9.6v NiHM batts for the 417, but just be careful about 11.1v
            lipos, at the end of the day it's your decision just hope i've helped you make the right decision
            Cheers for that mate, I'll try my 7.4's in it this weekend and see how it performs.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dale Burgess Find out more about Dale Burgess
            Working...
            X