Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boots for your plates of meat

Hi folks.
    Another annoying question from yours truly.

British army boots and their survivability is the question.
    I am looking for a pair of boots suitable for mostly woodland play.
    I need them to be resilient enough to withstand day to day wear as I work on a woodland location, but also to be suitable to wear with a modern British soldiers mtp look.

What would be your recommendations for a decent mid range boot, that would survive this and be milsim accurate.

Cheers in advance for any advice.

Re: boots for your plates of meat

A mate of mine uses Lowa desert elites and they are brilliant, he wears them pretty much everywhere and it goes great with the MTP loadout. Bit pricey but definitely a good investment.

Comment

Yeah I think needle lowas are a tad beyond my price sadly as they look good.

Comment

I have the Lowa's too. Best boots I have ever owned. Heavy, but I too wear them for everything. I worked the summer doing door canvassing and wore my lowas and my feet didn't even hurt from pounding the pavement. Soles wore a bit mind, but not so much that they need repairs and it hasn't stopped me wearing them constantly...

I put my feet too close to a fire pit at Eversly and melted the front of the boot and one year on I still wear them

Comment

When folks talk about the lowa boots are you referring to the brown ones or the desert combat ones. Just seen a second hand pair for 60 quid.

Also.what's the opinion on the magnum boots.

Comment

Magnum 8.0's. Won't break the bank, comfy and durable.

Comment

what size are you after,ive got a lovely pair of black oakleys si assault 6inch worn twice size 9 that im gonna list when I get my act together
              VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Magnums are poor quality IMO, I have had a few pairs but for £25 they are worth it.

My boots are the Desert Elite ones.

Comment

I'm a size 10 sadly. Seems the most common size lol. Might get a pair of new magnums as opposed to some second boots.

Comment

Ended up with a new pair of haix boots in the end.
                    Hope that doesn't prove to be a mistake.

Comment

Haix are meant to be good. I want a pair of the Goretex ones, but the ones I got were too narrow but I found that with the Pro boots too

Comment

I will let you know what I think once I have broke them in. These are the high liability boot, they have the vortex lining etc. retail online about £150. Guy in store let them go to me for £65 as I will be going back for all my mtp, osprey stuff etc. was gutted as he had a Star l85a2 with all the new mods and acog on it. But sold it last week. Would have offered him my mrs for it lol.

Comment

Low a desert elites on eBay. Usually around £40 for next to new

Comment

Infantry rarely wear issued boots in the field. I personally wear Lowa GTX Mids for exercise. I have seen guys wear Salomons, Mammuts, asolos all sorts.

Comment

Haix make a good boot! Much better than my issue Altbergs!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ghostwalker 43 year old airsoft newbie, former tournament paintballer and marshal. Ex TA RGJ, WW2 hstory buff. Find out more about ghostwalker
                              Working...
                              X