JG Bar-10 Video Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JG Bar-10 Video Review

So, after owning my JG Bar-10 for 5-6 months, i've really gotten to know the quirks of the gun and given it a fair chance to break before reviewing it. Here are my thoughts on the gun;

Externals - Surprisingly good to hold the gun, although since the overall design is pretty basic the externals were never going to be something to shout about. Has a rubberised texture to the stock which i personally like since its grippy enough to be comfortable, but not so grippy that it feels like your hand sticks to it. Considering how lightweight it is as well, the gun feels pretty solid with no components rattling or flexing on it (excluding the sling mounts for obvious reasons).

Reliability - Shot 395 - 415FPS out of the box with no modifications at all, no mechanical flaws with the gun whatsoever after putting in a lot of hours game time and several thousand rounds down the barrel.

Performance - Tight left/right shot groupings, the shots tend to go downwards in a predictable arc, but the the more hop-up you put on the gun the more likely it is that shots will go off target. 50-60 meters is the maximum effective range of the gun as standard, 30m will have a guaranteed hit on centre mass consistently. Will send anything lighter than a .30 skywards with no hop on every time. Hop-up unit is fiddly to adjust with a slider on the side of the gun, the slider is very stiff so hard to adjust, but at least it does not change its setting during games. Sliding bolt action is smooth and light, with an ever so slight resistance between components as though your trying to push it through a polystyrene block.

Practicality - Hollow stock makes this gun incredibly lightweight. 20 round mag supplied fits easily and always feeds, but only if it 'clicks' when inserted. Has never jammed, but double-feeding is common if you catch the bolt on the safety when returning it. Saftey keeps getting caught on the bolt pull so more often than not you will put the gun on safe accidentally after every other bolt pull. Mag release does the job but you need to take care that you don't rest the gun on the release button or the mag will fall out.

Other notes - Scope is included with the gun along with a speed loader (a proper one), Completely compatible with TM VSR parts and since you've only got 20 rounds to play with it would be worth getting some upgrades to make sure every one counts at range.

Hope this has been helpful for people, leave a reply below if you have any questions. I have also posted a video review of this gun on YouTube, which you can find below;

About the Author

Collapse

Dale Burgess Find out more about Dale Burgess
Working...
X