Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lubrication options for sniper rifles

Hi
    I just got a new bolt for my sniper and I am unsure which lube to use.
    My gun is structured in a way that the sliding parts are metal-to-metal, I've heard you cannot use silicone oil on two metal parts rubbing, only plastic. Is this true? Now I've been urged to use white lithium grease but I've heard that White Lithium Grease picks up dirt quickly, not to mention its white, which would kind of ruin the aesthetics of my gun. Is there a lube that i can use on my bolt which both isn't sticky and wont pick up dirt and can be used on metal on metal? Also what type of lube should I use for the internal piston? Also any specific brands you know work especially well?
    Thanks guys
    Jake

Re: Lubrication options for sniper rifles

A teflon based dry lubricant is good for the job.

Comment

White Lithium Grease is great but it does pick up dirt and dust so you probably want a dry lubricant...

Two obvious options are:

Molybdenum Grease (Moly) - Available from a popular car store who I cannot mention for fear of awakening the Z1 beast...

Teflon (PTFE) - Also available from a popular car store who I cannot mention.

The former is arguably a slightly better performer, but either will do the trick...

R

Comment

ill be using a lithium moly grease in and out of my vsr cylinder. The only dpwnside is lithium moly will degrade the rubber o ring. however looking at the saving on grease against cost of changing the o ring every year or two is well worth it

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

nico-katzj Find out more about nico-katzj
        Working...
        X