Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A&K SVD Dragunov Spring Rifle

Man up and lift some weights :P

The bolt pull really isnt that bad. Ive got an M190 in mine, running at about 490fps. Sure youre not gonna be firing 300RPM but its a bolt action rifle, what do you want?

The Prometheus PSG-1 barrel fits fine, it stops just before the end of the flash hider so no barrel bits poking out.

I would reccomend getting the upgraded hop unit, which uses a G36 style rotary hop dial instead of the god awful fiddly tiny allen key grub screw. Thats my next purchase anyway.

Comment

Oh so they take the g36 type hop ?

I was really tempted to get one when they came out but I hardly ever get to play woodland so can`t snipe but a few drivers are joining our team.

m190 ? why don`t you get an m220 in there just for fun to see what it can do ?

Steel bolt huh nice
      sigpic
      Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

@thekonassure, it's hard to name what ISN'T steel on this rifle! (Bar the usual foregrip + pistol grip/stock)

As above it's not bad. I've never lifted weights in my life, yet I managed for a day (just!). I loved my A&K Dragunov as much as my Mauser/Cybergun L96, both brilliant guns. But both can be Hit+Miss in quality control, I just got lucky, twice
        sigpic

Comment

Ah I love fixing things anyway and making them better just mirror polished an ex blue kwa usp c slide for a friend that I got off here for £7

So is it heavy ? Cos I hear that "heavy is good, heavy is reliable plus if it don`t work you can always just hit him with it"

Guess its next on my shopping list after I get my 9mm gearbox sorted for my dsg m4 then get a d boys pdw and fit my old dsg to that.

So just to be clear will a 600rd ak hi cap fit this gun ? LOL
          sigpic

Comment

1) No. it isn't stupidly heavy, unless you have the whole SVD scope on it.
            2) No it won't accept regular AEG AK mags....sadly The BB ejection is toward the front of the mag, rather than middle...

But it is nicely weighted, mostly because it's well spread out along all 4ft of it....
            sigpic

Comment

Sadly it wont take normal AK mags, which is a pain because Ive got a billion AK midcaps. Oh well.

Also no they dont take a G36 hop, they have a unique hop up, but its compatible with AEG barrels and hop rubbers. The upgraded hop just has a rotarty dial that LOOKS like a G36 hop, but putting a G36 in there wont work.

Comment

Ah ok

So is there no way to jam an ak hop up on it so it can take ak aeg mags ? but tbh why should I care I don`t have any ak`s lol unless they do an ak to m4 mag converter but a svd with an m4 mag on it would look stupid unless I write "6.8mm" all over the gun and mags lol
                sigpic

Comment

No, the hop up and mag well are totally different shapes to normal AK mags, the dragunov mag is about half an inch longer than a normal AK mag.

And on the basis that youre even considering a dragunov - M4 mag converter you shouldnt be allowed to have one :P

Comment

I was considering a 6.8mm SVD but yeah an m4 mag would look really gay guess I`ll pony up the $3 for an extra mag lol
                    sigpic

Comment

a lot of mags in circulation are metal, look beast and hold 250rnds! never need another mag...
                      sigpic

Comment

Hicap windup mag on a sniper rifle, eurgh :I I hate the original mag that came with mine, it rattles like fuck and misfeeds quite often, though I think that might be partly due to the wierd hop design, it uses a tiny bearing to stop the bb rolling out the back of the chamber and mine has come loose, another reason for getting the upgraded hop unit.

Im pretty sure Z1 sell mid/locaps for it, I know Ive seen them somewhere for about £12 for a 90rnd midcap. 2 or 3 of those and youd probably be sorted for a whole game day. Ive never, ever got through my whole 250rnd mag for it.

Ive also found the best bb for them is 0.28g. which is surprisingly light for a sniper rifle. I bought some of Z1's 0.36 and 0.3g "sniper weight" bbs, and they were pants, could hardly get any range on them, even with the hopup on full it was struggling to put a 0.3 further than 40-50ft. Though that may just be something to do with the pants hopup, once Ive got the upgraded hop stuck in there Ill be able to try experimenting again

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

013753 I am Owen Find out more about 013753
                        Working...
                        X