B.L. Tech BOSS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: B.L. Tech BOSS

I have to agree with Sparrowhawk too we are all willing to throw money at Airsoft to make it as real as possible but they dont like the noise?

I know fo people that would spend hundreds lugging around actual ballistic proof body armour plates when there is never the possibility of actually being shot by a real round.

I'll be honest too from what i have heard of the BOSS (albeit mostly on youtube videos) its highest setting is akin to a .22LR round, I was a qualified Range Conducting Officer (RCO = Dude in charge of the shooting range for live fire exercises) for the Air Training Corps for years until i left so can vouch that .22LR rounds aren't that loud TBH, i used to make the cadets wear ear pro all the time but myself and staff would not when using .22LR on an outdoor range, indoor ranges you had to as the noise echoed a lot.

I believe the BOSS has 5 level settings for indoor CQB sites to full .22 style outdoor noise and 3 settings inbetween, i would probably only get one for shits and giggles and used it for a while.

Not to mention, you may not think it now sat at home or at your desk but the sound of being under actual fire or even simulated fire has profound psychological effects on the human mind, you might scoff at this now but imagine, you are at your local airsoft sight, having a fun day shooting away with normal AEG sound when suddenly some fool will pop out with the BOSS and start shooting, I guarantee you will take cover thinking you are under actual fire. Soldiers (yes the real people) still take cover when being shot at by blanks even when they know its blanks.

Lets be honest the BOSS is aimed at realism and milsim type events, I have noticed that we in the UK mostly have skirmish sites and treat airsoft a bit like paintball, we don't seem to have massive Milsim ops like Operation Copperhead or Broken Home like they do in the states, correct me if i am wrong and frankly i think this is where the BOSS will shine.

Comment

For milsim I think it would be excellent, but for your average walk on skirmish it's going a bit too far (in much the same way that the full kit w*****r shouting orders at everyone because their z-tac sordins are broken can take it too far at a walk-on skirmish).

And for those who are ninnying on about people not wanting a headache, if you don't want to be able to hear your grandkids then crack on - I fully intend to hear them, and as such would rather be able to play airsoft without having to drop 50+ quid on a pair of headphones that allow me to hear everything except loud bangs unless I sign up to an event that will be allowing them.
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

You masochists enjoy your tinnitis, I quite like playing airsoft without having foam tic tacs in my ears.
        - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Any update on this?

Comment

They are still working on it but are getting ever so close, apparently they have made quite a few of them now which they have fielded several times to test the feasibility and durability. I think they are looking at making a kickstarter program some time soon too.

Keep up to date on the Facebook page
            https://www.facebook.com/bltechnologyNZ?fref=ts

Comment

In this thread: "I'm cheap and don't want you to have fun"

Originally posted by tisane
              Never heard such a racket, its like taking a hi cap to a rave.

Comment

An unfortunate update:

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Shizbazki Airsoft Player in London Find out more about Shizbazki
                Working...
                X