Request: Ares Ts 21 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request: Ares Ts 21 review

New sportline model of the tar 21 from ares, anybody out there got one and wants to give an overview, details etc.

appreciated muchly.

Re: Request: Ares Ts 21 review

I have an Ares Tar 21 carbine black , I don't have a sportline version though. I am not sure of all the differences but I know the sportline has a polycarbonate gb case instead of metal.
    The body is made of polymer plastic. Has a good robust feel to it
    They use m4 mags
    These aegs have some bad press and people say parts are difficult to get hold of. So pretty much sure people will say the same about the sportline version too
    I swapped a gas AK47 that I had for the Tar with a local site owner. Ever since I have owned the Tar it only shot on full auto. I was never that bothered about it and didn't want to take it apart as I had read horror stories about them being difficult to work on. Anyway about a month ago the motor stopped working so I bit the bullet. Looked on utube and started to strip it down. To get the gearbox out is a bit more fiddly than say a G36 but that never stopped me striping down my G36 shortly after buying it.
    Like with anything the first time you do something it takes longer but by taking time to note down screws bolts etc removed it's a fairly simple process.
    The hardest part of removing the gb is to take the black blocks that hold the trigger and fire selector rods are loosened as they are a bit tricky to get to. You have to remove the Mars sight or the top rail and have a really small Allen key to loosen them. The gearbox is rumoured to be a modified v6 but basically the only things compatible are Pistons and gears. Almost everything else is proprietary. For those people saying parts are difficult to get hold of I contacted Ares directly who then put me in contact with Ares HK. A few emails later i got a schematic drawing. Picked my parts and got prices back. Ordered them paid via PayPal and less than a week later they arrived at my house. So not sure what's so difficult about that.
    Common fault full auto firing only is the fire selector return spring has come off on the left side.
    I replaced the motor with a Lonex A2 shot motor which is slightly longer than the standard one but sorts the need to push the motor in with the grub screw to get the pinion gear to mesh correctly.
    While I had the gb apart I replaced the piston seal ring, air nozzle and the tappet plate that I accidentally broke and the cylinder which had a dent in it. The whole setup is standard apart from the motor. The reason behind this was it worked well before so why mess with it.
    FPS was about 330 but with the quick change Spring if I need to adjust it I can quickly and easily.
    It now fires on semi and full auto with good accuracy and a reasonable rof. I am only running 7.4v lipos.
    I have the Mars sight fitted now but not set up yet. It looks highly adjustable and guess some bad press on this could be if it's not set up correctly.
    Things to have when refitting the gearbox are a light to see the fiddly black blocks and really thin pointy tweezers to hold them in place when you slide the gb back in so you can hold the screw and slide the blocks over the rods. Otherwise it's going to be difficult.
    I admit it's no G36 when it comes to working on it but if you can rebuild a gb you can do a tar. It just takes more time but once it's up and running it's a peach.
    This is my rifle, this is my gun.
    This ones for fighting and this ones for fun!!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

airsoftI Find out more about airsoftI
    Working...
    X