Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New UPS Import Questioning?

Hi all,

Have some MP5 straight magazines headed my way from the U.S. They arrived before the weekend at standstead. And I got a rather strange email that I haven't seen before, asking me for import information.

The email:

Dear Sir/Madam,

This e-mail is from UPS Brokerage at East Midlands Airport. We are responsible for completing UK Import Customs formalities on your behalf for UPS shipments. We are contacting you because we need more information from you in order to complete Import Customs formalities on a current shipment.

Please provide Import Customs clearance instructions for the shipment referred to in the subject line of this e-mail. A copy of the documents we hold relating to this shipment is attached to this e-mail for your reference.

As a matter of urgency, please provide us with your clearance instructions; including

- Customs procedure
    - Commodity Code or Plain language goods description
    - Your Eori number
    - Approval to use your Deferment Approval Number (DAN), where appropriate
    - Any other information we must take into account when completing this Customs declaration on your behalf

We would like to advise you that after three working days of shipment being held, UPS will apply storage fees of £13.00 per package per day.

You can contact us regarding this Customs clearance request from 08.00 - 18.00 Monday - Friday on 08457 877 877 option 4/1

Routine Customs clearance is included in UPS shipping rates. Government charges for example duties and taxes are usually payable for UK import shipments. These charges are in addition to the value of the goods and shipping charges you may have already paid to the seller. UPS Brokerage will apply additional fees for the use of the UPS deferment, for non-routine clearances and storage fees for shipments held in the UPS facilities pending your instructions. A full list and description of these charges is available at http://www.ups.com/content/gb/en/shi...dditional.html

Thanks & Kind Regards
    Gemma Warren
    Customs Clearance Advisor Team 1
    UPS Brokerage
    Tel: 08457 877 877 option 4/1
    Fax: 01332 815583

E-Mail address: [email protected]

UPS Ltd Registered Office: UPS House, Forest Road. Feltham, Middlesex TW13 7DY. Registered in England 1933173
    Also attached was the following form:

Anyone ever experienced this before? Especially for just magazines?

Re: New UPS Import Questioning?

Happened to someone else last week on another forum, Ill see if I can send him this way.

Comment

done this already last week for some parts 1x gearbox and a hop up unit filled it in emailed it back to ups got parcel in the next few days no delay really just put your ukara number on and sites you fight at and its done nothing to worry about.

Comment

got one of these too. phoned em up. its a standard email sent out. fill out the form and send it back. ignore the rest.
        Or reply, and say theyre not firearms :P

Theyre likely going off of the US Declaration, that'll say Firearm or gun on it somewhere i bet.
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

mine said toy gun parts on the box so guess there just extra careful in the current climate no big shakes for me tho

Comment

Yeah already had filled out the form, looks like my package is back on track to me now. Just never seen this before and wanted to see if anyone else was finding it, and potentially inform others it happens to

Comment

Here is a copy of the form if your seller didn't put an email / phone number on the package. Should save you a few emails back and forth

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...p=docslist_api
              -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
              -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Has been happening for a few months now. If you don't reply to it within a week they'll charge you a holding fee, which is added daily after 7 days of what they call "non conformance". They are supposed to call you to let you know that this needs to be filled out, but the second time it happened to me I didn't get a phone call. And both packages came from the same company.

Comment

What make magazines were you importing mate, out of interest?
                  For sale:

-Splitting M4
                  -MP5 Parts
                  -MP7a1
                  -M9 Magazine

Comment

Echo1

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                    Working...
                    X