Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

VSR Upgraded, Not performing as expected.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSR Upgraded, Not performing as expected.

Hi all, so ive upgraded my TM VSR 10 G-Spec and its running;

Laylax Teflon Cylinder
    Laylax Zero Trigger + Orange Piston (With Original O-Ring) + Trigger Guard mod
    Laylax Spring Guide
    Laylax Cylinder Head + Teflon Tape mod
    Laylax 170 Spring (I have a Laylax 150 Spring too)
    Prometheus 6.03 Tightbore (Done by previous owner, 430 i think as it goes through the silencer)
    Firefly Hop Up Bucking (Done by previous owner)

Did a test yesterday was 350-400 fps on 0.25s then i looked around and looks like i had the spring the wrong way round but ive just tested it today and im still at 350fps with 0.25 i know they say dont chase fps but for the upgrades i have it should be shooting much higher than 350 :/ any ideas? Been running the 170 spring for these tests.

Any ideas?

Re: VSR Upgraded, Not performing as expected.

Air leak around the hop?

Edit, what's the 'trigger guard mod'?

I ran the exact same setup in mine and was bang on 498-500fps (can't remember if it was the 150 or 170 spring though)

Edit again, wasn't a 430 barrel though!

Comment

Sounds like you have an air leak somewhere. My guess is the thread where the cylinder and cylinder head join.
      Unscrew the outer barrel from the receiver and cock the gun. Place a finger on the nozzle and press down to create an air seal. Pull the trigger. If the piston pushes the air out of the cylinder with your finger in place, you have a leak.

This is the desired result:

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Shmook View Post
        Air leak around the hop?

Edit, what's the 'trigger guard mod'?

I ran the exact same setup in mine and was bang on 498-500fps (can't remember if it was the 150 or 170 spring though)

Edit again, wasn't a 430 barrel though!
        Trigger mod it just shaving down part of the plastic so the guard will fit over the Zero Trigger, not a performance mod or anything.

yeah i dont have a screwdriver small enough to get the hop apart but thats what ill be looking to buy in the next few days.

Originally posted by REMSoft View Post
        Sounds like you have an air leak somewhere. My guess is the thread where the cylinder and cylinder head join.
        Unscrew the outer barrel from the receiver and cock the gun. Place a finger on the nozzle and press down to create an air seal. Pull the trigger. If the piston pushes the air out of the cylinder with your finger in place, you have a leak.

This is the desired result:

Hope that helps.
        I will definitely be testing with that method tomorrow, havent seen this video before thanks!

Gonna hopefully get it too a range tomorrow and spend some time testing it out. Think im gonna go back to a 150 spring the 170 has left a bruise on my shoulder from pulling it haha.

Comment

I think i've fixed my problem! Found a thread on troubleshooting fps issues with upgrades and it turns out not installing the grub screw for the zero trigger orange piston has a massive effect. I had an air leak earlier as i did the test and the piston slowly moved forward, took the white plastic thing out put the grub screw in and no movement of the piston! (well it jolted a bit but my finger probably wasn't sealing it well but then it didnt move) FPS tomorrow morning too see where i'm at! Hopefully 500 area!

Comment

Tested today and chronoing at 450-460 FPS was expecting with SP150 spring 500 but that is just about good enough :D

Comment

Originally posted by Trikz View Post
              I think i've fixed my problem! Found a thread on troubleshooting fps issues with upgrades and it turns out not installing the grub screw for the zero trigger orange piston has a massive effect. I had an air leak earlier as i did the test and the piston slowly moved forward, took the white plastic thing out put the grub screw in and no movement of the piston! (well it jolted a bit but my finger probably wasn't sealing it well but then it didnt move) FPS tomorrow morning too see where i'm at! Hopefully 500 area!
              I'm having the exact same problem, What is the grub screw? Thanks Rhys.

Comment

It's the little black screw (without a head) to the left of the O-Ring in the picture. You unscrew the white tip on the orange piston take that out then put the grub screw in its place and screw it down i wasn't sure how far too screw it so its raised a little bit from the flat end of the piston but seems to perform great.

I put teflon tape on the grub screw before i put it in to ensure a tight airseal.

Hope that helps!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Trikz Find out more about Trikz
                Working...
                X