Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16kuokhc1's WE Makarov PMM review

Introduction:
    Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, Comrades and Capitalists, today I will be reviewing the WE tech Makarov PMm GBB pistol. The first Green Gas powered blowback Makarov in the whole history of airsoft (suck it, KWA!)

Real steel History:
    The Makarov PM is a Russian designed handgun designed to replace the earlier TT33 handguns as well as the Nagant Revolvers used during WWII. It used a 9x18mm round and had an 8 round single stack magazine. The Makarov PM was initially introduced in the year 1949. Various copies have been made by other com-bloc countries such as China, Bulgaria and East Germany. The PMm variant has been introduced in 1991, which has a double stacked mag containing 12 rounds.

More information can be found here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makarov_pistol

In the box
    The box that the Makarov came in was pretty standard with a picture of the pistol and the text “马可洛夫” Which is a direct phonetic translation of “Makarov”.

Inside the box, you will find a mock suppressor, Inner barrel extension and the Gun itself. No extra pellets. The gun is kept in an egg-carton type of material like how WE stores their Glocks. As far as my concerns go, it’s more eco-friendly than foam.

Externals and Initial thoughts
    The finish on this gun seems to be fairly good with a (most likely) faux semi-glossy black machined finish on the slide, a matte black finish on the frame and slide release, and a matte brown colour on the hammer and safety (appears on actual Makarov PM, not the PMm).

Nothing much to be said about the suppressor, which is a plain matte black finish on metal (presumably aluminium alloy since it’s so light).

The Gun has a magazine release on the bottom of the gun which I like, since the mag doesn’t always have to drop out every time you holster your gun.

The magazine itself also has a glossy exterior finish. I have also noted that the release valve is smaller than normal on this gun (most likely to accommodate the small size of the magazine.)

Also, on this gun, the sights are nothing special just your standard everyday pistol sights. Something's telling me that the rear sight is a bit high, but that's also in real steel, so it's fine.

Disassembly and Internals
    To disassemble this gun, what you’d have to do is to pull the trigger guard down, pull slide up and force forward without the loading nozzle getting caught in the barrel. Upon lifting the slide, I noticed the slide to be fairly light, giving me the feeling that the slide is made out of aluminium. Inside the slide, there is there is the blowback housing and loading nozzle. The loading nozzle seems to be made of plastic (also referred to as “polymer” by certain brands) whilst the blowback housing is seated right above the loading nozzle, out of sight.

Hopup is adjusted by pushing a knob on the barrel left/right and the hopup bucking should be compatible with VSR type hopup bucking. I’m not sure about if the Chamber is compatible (most likely not).

Around the barrel, there is a recoil spring which feels considerably harder to rack than all other GBB pistols I own (a WE Glock and KSC M93r) To reassemble, reverse the process of disassembly.

And while we're at it, here's a picture of the pistol disassembled

Shooting
    To fire, what one must do is to load up the magazine with 14 6mm bb pellets and load the magazine into the gun. Trigger pull is very long on double action, but comfortable in single action. The accuracy of this gun is pretty good for stock, being able to hit an aluminium can from 15 meters (I Will do a proper grouping test later). The recoil is also a bit very crisp and hard, making it a joy to shoot. It is also very gas efficient, being able to fire off around 50 shots per magazine, which is roughly 3 full mag refills and a few extra shots. I will try to upload a video soon.

Upgrades, Modifications and Accessories
    At time of writing, there are no mods or upgrades directly for the WE Makarov, but I think that it will accept Bakail 654k grips and grips designed for the real double stack Makarov. Various holsters are also available, ranging from East German leather holsters, to the legendary EFA-2k.

Overall
    Overall, I think that this pistol does its job of being a faithful replica of the Makarov PMm and since it’s the first Makarov styled GBB on the Market, I will also give it extra points for that too.
    Pros:
    +Good Kick
    +Good Gas Efficiency
    +Accurate
    +The Fist Makarov styled GBB
    +Has suppressor for power increase

Cons
    -Power
    -Total Range (due to power)
    -Hard to holster with suppressor (so it's either low power, or no holster.)

Sorry for the double post, but I just can't seem to find the edit button.

Onto whatever I'm doing this update for, I've recently done a shooting test, and here are the results of 15 feet and 30 feet tests on A4 paper without and with barrel extension, 0.25g goldenball:
    Without suppressor:

And With Suppressor (and extended inner barrel)

As you can see, the barrel extension enables for the pistol to shoot more accurately as well as with more power as seen in the 15 feet tests. In the 30 feet tests, all the shots were a bit high. It could be due to the following reasons:
    Hopup shooting upwards (unlikely)
    Sights are at different heights (likely)
    My aiming sucks (most likely)

Re: 16kuokhc1's WE Makarov PMM review

I know this is an old review but I'm looking for this gun in either spring or Gas Non-Blow Back, does anyone make them?

Comment

Re: 16kuokhc1's WE Makarov PMM review

Well, IIRC, I don't know if a spring version of this being made, but I know that KWC makes a co2 NBB, and HFC makes a nbb hsc (whilst a Hsc isn't exactly a makarov replica, it's a cheap & cheerful holster filler that has a roughly similar shape. It's also much cheaper than the KWC one.)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

16kuokhc1 Find out more about 16kuokhc1
      Working...
      X