Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting a modern Russian Army loadout

Hi all,

I recently procured an RPK and I've decided I want to finally pursue something I've been interested for a long time- a Russian Army loadout.

I've been looking at some of the stuff on offer at various websites, and I've come to a conclusion as to what I want.
    This setup won't include body armour or a helmet, as I don't get on well with either.

Load bearing: Smerch RPK
    Uniform: BTK Digital Flora (last gen, not VKBO)
    Headwear: Cold weather hat "Chechenka" and an SSO balaclava
    Underlayer: blue striped Telniashka
    Handwear: russian army issue knitted gloves, nothing special

I'm not sure what I'll have for an outer layer/raincoat, been looking at Gorka jackets but they don't really fit with the kit. Maybe a "Warm Jacket EWC"? Seen what looks to be those worn by polite green men in photos.
    As for boots, i'll be wearing some British Assault Boots until I can find some Russian boots which agree with me and my wallet.

Any thoughts? Have I gone horribly wrong somewhere?

Re: Starting a modern Russian Army loadout

Have a look on Facebook at Atacka east bloc milsim. Loads of pictures on there. Genuine or not, it's good for ideas

Comment

Looks ok. Probably don't need a winter hat and balaclava and I've always found the latter a pain to play in unless you wear mesh. The Telynaska isn't a requirement as such as it isn't standard issue but it does add to the 'Russian' look.
      Russian winter jackets are typically too warm to play in most of the year in the UK so I wouldn't write off Gorka completely if you are looking for more of a raincoat. Will keep you warm enough over the rest 98% of the year. You can get a few varieties of digi flora if you want to stick with that pattern.

Comment

I was going to have both hat and balaclava so I have some variety in headgear, I'm not going to be wearing both at the same time

Comment

The issue Russian winter jacket in digi flora has a removable liner (I have one). Be aware, that if you buy the full winter suit, the lining of the trouser is NOT removable. The suit's like a sleeping bag when the liners are in but, with it removed from the coat, it's very practical to wear on it's own.

Comment

If your still looking for advice, I have a modern loadout based on the VKBO system seen in the Crimea, I can post details and a guide for you.
            I think it may even void the warranty (don't quote me on that).

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

USSRKitLover Find out more about USSRKitLover
            Working...
            X