Is there anyway around this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anyway around this?

I have been an airsoft player for at least 6 years, so before anyone tells me the usual, please read all of the post.

I have suffered from back pain for a lot of years, as such i've had to take regular breaks from airsoft, and the latest bout has been long enough to let my ukara expire.

I am wanting to get back into the game with a lightweight bolt action such as a TM, but i'm hoping to avoid two-tone. My question to you all is this:

Would a valid firearms/shotgun license be enough defence to purchase a non-two tone RIF, considering i already own a fair chunk of 'real steel' firearms.

If not, then can anyone offer any advice? And before anyone says it, i know buying a two tone and sucking it up is a perfectly valid way of going around it, but i'm hoping to avoid if possible.

Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers!
    sigpic
    [Bullpup M14 EBR] [G&P Magpul/VLTOR/JP 'thingy'] [TM 5.1 limited gun] [TM 5.1 limited gun] [VFC 416] [A metric S**T ton of unfinished builds]

Re: Is there anyway around this?

In short no.

Just play a few games with your old kit, get your membership renewed, and you're good

Comment

Real steel certificates count for nothing.

technically, for a non-two tone you need to meet two criteria:
      1. Prove you are over 18
      2. Convince the retailer that you want it for the purposes of gaming - as using it for airsoft is the legal defence, not UKARA.

So, i would go to which ever retailer(s) you have bought from in the past and explain your situation. If you leave them at a point where they could go court and defend the sale then they can sell to you (or anybody privately can sell to you).

How you prove it to them is down to you... i would initiate with a phone call followed by a visit to the shop armed with an ipad or laptop and show them the past photos of you posing / gaming / showing off your collection / been a member of this forum since 2010 etc.
      Away from UK until June / July. Happy to still buy but sales will be harder due to not being home.

Wanted:
      VFC 416c, 416d, 417 GBBR
      VFC 416c, 416d AEG
      HERA arms Glock chassis

Comment

Could you not get the owner of the site you used to frequent not vouch for you to a retailer ?
        The United Kingdom. Its where Great Britain used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
          In short no.

Just play a few games with your old kit, get your membership renewed, and you're good
          Unfortunately i have the problem of heavy guns (hence wanting something light), I can't even manage an hour or so with them before the pin starts

I'll have a word with my local site owner, see what he says.

P.S If any admins/moderators are reading this, could be worth adding this to the UKARA FAQ's?
          sigpic
          [Bullpup M14 EBR] [G&P Magpul/VLTOR/JP 'thingy'] [TM 5.1 limited gun] [TM 5.1 limited gun] [VFC 416] [A metric S**T ton of unfinished builds]

Comment

If a site owner vouches for you that is perfect.

I am sure the shop would want it in writing (email, FB PM, text message or whatever) but that is as strong a defence as you will get without genuine licencing coming in to force.
            Away from UK until June / July. Happy to still buy but sales will be harder due to not being home.

Wanted:
            VFC 416c, 416d, 417 GBBR
            VFC 416c, 416d AEG
            HERA arms Glock chassis

Comment

Gotta say, if you've got back pain, I'm not sure sniping is really the role for you. Lots of crouching and crawling involved.

Comment

If you can prove your skirmishing history I would take that as a valid defence. If there is a shop you have dealt with regularly before they probably will too.
                The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Honestly, this all varies from retailer to retailer these days. Your best bet would be to contact your local site/shop and talk to them about your situation. The more evidence you have that you are a regular skirmisher the better a position you are in, but be advised, there is a big difference from being a regular skirmisher and having being one in the past. Your real firearms certificate is unlikely to help however. Whilst it shows you are a trustworthy and competent individual who knows how to handle guns, it doesn't show you're a regular skirmisher, which means that you aren't defended. It's weird, I know. You can handle a real gun, but not what is essentially, a toy.

If you're known to your site, you could be able to get your site owner/manager to vouch for you. There's also second hand sales where you may be able to prove your defense more easily. And then there is always renting a gun whilst you build your defense back up.

Quick word of advice on the back pain, as a number of my team mates have suffered from it. Take a long look at the kit you carry, and see what can be stripped down or carried differently. A plate carrier, for example, was always far more exhausting than a belt rig. Sniping, as others have said, can also involve a lot of crawling and might not be easy on the back. My advise, get something small a light, an MP5 for example.
                  G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                  RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

If I was a retailer I would accept your defense, unfortunately I'm not, but I do know one who might be willing and able, which Willington are you from?
                    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mounter09 Names Craig and thats all you need to know Find out more about Mounter09
                    Working...
                    X