Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Game Funny/Painful Non Rifle Related Accidents

Hi all,

Just thought it would be interesting to start a thread on non rifle related accidents in Game, be it funny, painful or even better both!

The story of why I haven't worn a Ghillie in 6 months! (Sorry if I waffle too much)
    I was at a woodland skirmish with my friend. We both had DMR's and I was wearing my handmade Ghillie (which took a REALLY Long time to make). I was also using a pair of new goggles, which lacked, with me being used to mesh, anti-fog. So while I walked around half blind, trying to breathe through my nose instead of my mouth, subconsciously following my friend, he decided to step into the ditch as the side of the field. This area was really well camouflaged but there was no cover but the edge of the ditch. When we reached the edge, my friend, not looking, stepped in a dense bush. Big mistake. Me, not paying attention heard him utter a burst of foul language. I was not the only person to hear him, as the enemy team suddenly pinned us to the ditch with an M60. Not wanting to be hit I flung myself down. Another Big Mistake. My friend, under cover by the edge of the ditch, was attempting to slap himself. I had no idea what was going on until I heard the first wasp nestle into my Ghillie. And the second one sting and get stuck in my balaclava. right next to my goggles.

Covered in pheromones, we where chased by wasps for the rest of the day, while I tried to cope with my 50 wasp stings.

I won't even go into my experience trying to take my ghillie off or putting it in my bag! Also, later on, some guy had micro fans built into his helmet, which he decided to switch on when he was right next to me. Lets just say they make a pretty decent buzzing imitation, and I might have taught guy a few new words!

Tell me your in Game Funny/Painful Non Rifle Related Accidents!

Re: In Game Funny/Painful Non Rifle Related Accidents

(Didnt all happen in game but started anyway.)

First Time going airsoft so I had basically nothing but rental equipment and no gloves on at the time, turns out had a small cut on the side of my hand and by crawling about on the ground got infected from dirt and that so it started swelling by the end of the days games. Next morning it had swollen to like 3 times my normal hand size and spent the next 2 days in hospital. Didnt deter me from playing in the future tho

Comment

The first ever time I went airsofting (I was 12 im 16 now.) I am sure you can imagine a 5 foot 5 child running round. First game, first time on a field ever heart pumping put in loads of target practice. Countdown from marshals. "GAME ON" run forward two steps and trip over a wire that holds up a netting area of respawn. I was all ghillied up too I guess it must have been pretty funny to some watching a bush just topple over lol!

Comment

Accidentally hit myself in the face with my own rifle stock last weekend because someone dropped a blank firing grenade loaded with a 12 gauge blank behind me while we were waiting for the game to start.

Comment

Last Saturday at Urban Assault / RAF Upwood.
          Red team were almost on top of our spawn so people were going out to the sides in an attempt to flank them/ stay out of range.
          I went right, following another guy and high stepping across tussocky grass to a tree. My right foot went heel down through a piece of rotten wood which years ago had been laid over some kind of foot wide drainage pit and the grass had grown over it. I went heel down almost up to the knee, sprained my Achilles tendon.

Fair play to all the other players, they really rallied around and were on it within seconds. Had to get my foot out of the boot to get it it of the hole and the bloke who heaved my empty boot out said it was seriously stuck in.
          a serving and (I think) an ex soldier checked, diagnosed and supported me to a van very fast. On it, really impressive.

After taking some painkillers I hopped (literally) back into a game a couple of hours later. Well, not going to waste £25 am I? Going to have to walk sooner or later anyway and there's no point in being a whiny little bitch.

Still hurts 6 days later, am hobbling around on a stick and ibuprofen. No, I don't think I'll go airsofting tomorrow.

Comment

And it's now been 7 weeks and my lower leg is in plaster, turns out I ruptured my tendon.

Comment

Originally posted by Defender-90 View Post
              And it's now been 7 weeks and my lower leg is in plaster, turns out I ruptured my tendon.
              Oh jeez! Hope it gets better soon!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Comment

Me too! All this sitting still is sending me crazy... more so.
                On the plus side I'm exploring Battlefield 1, thus far I still think I prefer 4 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Digital View Post
                  Oh jeez! Hope it gets better soon!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
                  Shit that sounded really painful. Hopefully you'll be back out on the field and maybe you won't rupture the tendon on the other leg.

Comment

Thanks so much for the sympathy - unlike my sister who just cheerily greeted me with "Hello cripple!"
                    "...maybe you won't rupture the tendon on the other leg." Hmmm, Sod's Law being what it is that sounds like distinct possibility. I might have to alter my play style to more hanging back and going for range, as it is I am obviously doing this "Airsoft" thing wrong as it's supposed to be the opposite of war - nobody gets hurt!
                    In my defence Urban Assault is an easy place to hurt oneself, many acres of wrecked military buildings and rubble, hell of a site and it's full of obstacles being as it's been comprehensively trashed by the local chavs and fly tippers. But authentic though, it's a dead ringer for downtown Alleppo.

Comment

Oh I definitely would have greeted my brother the same way. Well in the event that you might mess up the other leg, fashioning a wheelchair into a personal mini tank is always an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Sagittarius26 View Post
                        Oh I definitely would have greeted my brother the same way. Well in the event that you might mess up the other leg, fashioning a wheelchair into a personal mini tank is always an option.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Digital Find out more about Digital
                        Working...
                        X