Mixing camo's a sin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing camo's a sin?

Here is a common sight at skirmishes; that one guy with the Desert BDU top, Multicam plate-carrier, DPM bottoms and ACU Digital bandana. (Not me O_o)
    Many people stare in disgust, so what do you guys think; is it a sin? Are there special circumstances which can allow it? The reason I ask is that I play woodland games and would like to camo-paint my rifle, but they only sell Atacs AU and I am thinking of doing a mix of Atacs AU, FG and maybe a bit of desert. E.g Desert top, FG bottoms, vest and helmet but AU and coyote pouches, slings and rifle.
    So; what do you think? Thanks;

Regards,

Rowan
    Most Definitely! NEVER!
    19.79%
    Acceptable sometimes, e.g Atacs AU and FG, Multicam and FG or desert and AU.
    45.83%
    Hell yeah, Woodland DPM and Desert ACU all the way!
    32.29%
    Other; Please specify
    2.08%

Re: Mixing camo's a sin?

If you're going to do it, do it properly
    Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

Wore kryptec highlander ,classic tigerstripe ,multicam and leopard print to my last game. F**k what anyone else thinks.

Comment

Haha, on a separate not, just realized my poll doesn't make sense... Hmm. What did people mean by the never option; never do it or never a sin?

Comment

Depends on the camo that's mixed together. If you're wearing desert trousers and a woodland top then it's gonna look kinda fugly but if it's something like multicam and a bit of atacs fg mixed together it's no harm.

Comment

If anyone stares in disgust at somebody else's camo, they need to get a life. There is no dress code in Airsoft.

Comment

Originally posted by Digital View Post
              Haha, on a separate not, just realized my poll doesn't make sense... Hmm. What did people mean by the never option; never do it or never a sin?
              Makes perfect sense as there's not an option to object.

Originally posted by colinjallen View Post
              If anyone stares in disgust at somebody else's camo, they need to get a life. There is no dress code in Airsoft.
              Apart from when there's a dress code.

Comment

Who the fuck cares. Long as the dude plays fair.
                I'll be the guy in the zebra onesie...

Comment

What I find more of a sin, people who think camo in airsoft works. Harry potters cloak of invisability wont help you at the ranges we play, wear whatever the fuck you want.

Comment

Camouflage does work at airsoft ranges, if it is the right camo in the right place and if the wearer knows what he or she needs to do to maximise the effect of the camouflage. Playing in fairly dense woodland wearing flecktarn, I have had players walk right past me at 3-4m range and fail to spot me.

Comment

You dont need camo to be effective in denses woodland though, you just need to not move

Comment

I get some people play airsoft for the realism and that's the reason you'd want to have matching camo etc.

But for me it's about fun and thats all... if someone ants to mix camo, I see no issue in that!

Comment

"You dont need camo to be effective in denses woodland though, you just need to not move"

I would tend to disagree with you on that; having both played and marshalled in woodland, it is clear that different camouflage patterns have significant different impacts on the ability to stay concealed. In reasonably dense woodland with dappled shade, flecktarn, for example, is far more effective that DPM or even MTP/multicam, to the extent that players fairly regularly comment on it.

Comment

sas-group.jpg b6814aed66d7902bf2b5c046db55f712.jpg sas-iraq-3.jpg

Plenty more mixed camo here

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...F-Photo-Thread
                            "Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle." Psalm 144:1

Comment

Originally posted by mack View Post
                              Harry potters cloak of invisability wont help you at the ranges we play
                              Tell that to the talking bushes xD (Yes I know that doesn't count as a camo in this sense)

Thanks for your opinion's! I think I will wear both types Atacs and a bit of MTP and Desert. I might even buy some of heroshark's leopard print for my helmet cover

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Digital Find out more about Digital
                              Working...
                              X