ARMY R85A2 Airsoft AEG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARMY R85A2 Airsoft AEG

Seen that Army Armament have come out with an EBB version of the L85A2 with rails. Not sure if this is good or not, their old EBB version was poor. What you guys think? worth the potential upgrade from standard AEG or go for the WE GBB?

Re: ARMY R85A2 Airsoft AEG

A friend of mine recently bought this new model, and was happy with it for what he paid. As yourself he had the previous model which to be fair he didn't have much issue with, unlike many other players who will tell you how much trouble they have had with their own AA L85. My mate disabled the blowback on his newer model, the same as he did with his older one. As for been any better, all I can tell you is that he has said that there are changes to the gearbox internals, what, I'm afraid I don't know. ( Not much help I'm sorry). The front Ris is okay, it's not up there with the DD rail, but your not paying that sort of money in the first place.
    What initially struck me firstly was, that AA decided to model an L85A2, but decided for whatever reason known only to them, chose not to include the upgraded half moon charging handle found on the newer A2 variant, they simply placed the older round charging handle on it...why, god knows !.
    As for the WE GBB, I've only fired one, and never owned one, got a better kick and was much louder than a WE M4, as for internally, well as we all WE products, you can one that will serve you well for some time, and then buy one that will let you down within a sort amount of time. Although, bought for the right money, I reckon their okay, as since no one else presently sells a GBB L85, your choices are limited Bazz.

Comment

As far as I was aware the Army L85 is a copy of the g&g one?

Comment

Sounds to me like it's the same old shite they've been churning out for donkeys but they've put a monkey metal copy DD rail on the front, BFW.

Just buy an ICS or G&G and pay the extra.
        - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Thanks for all your comments, just thought they might (could have) improved on the first version.

I have a Star L85 and love it but i like the idea of recoil and also like to get a front rail (all of you must know the Star (Ares) version cannot use the G&G rail) but difficult to find a real steel version.

Maybe I should change to ICS and get a rail?

Comment

If it's recoil you're after Baz, it'd have to be the gas one really, the blowback system, (which most disable anyway) on the Army, is not up to much, though i've found their guns to be ok in themselves..
            "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

The WE L85 is decent but you'll be stripping it down and fiddling with it more than with an AEG. Also the bolt carrier is made of swiss chess and and deforms around the apertures where the recoil spring guide travels, again I think it can be modified to work properly.

That's before you taken into account the crappy trigger packs.
              - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bazzerker Find out more about Bazzerker
              Working...
              X