Requesting a WE MP5 GBB Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting a WE MP5 GBB Review

Hi all, A very good friend of mine, is seriously considering buying a new WE MP5 GBB, in either A3 or A4 configuration, not that it matters to the functionality. Being that the We MP5 has been out now a fair while, i was wondering if anyone who has genuine bought, skirmished, and owned one for a while, wouldn't mind sharing their opinions on the model.

Thanks a lot

Re: Requesting a WE MP5 GBB Review

Saw this on one of the facebook groups, I'm sure the author is on the forums here somewhere:

Comment

Thanks for that Prolish, yes I've seen this one, there is also quite a good review here on the forum, however that was a while ago when they first appeared, and I am keen to get someone who has skirmished one for a while. Many thanks for the link tho, it's appreciated.

Comment

I've had the A3 almost since it came out. Since then have used it in around 4 games as well as some plinking at home.

Overall very good, few niggles but its a WE so expect them.

External quality is brilliant, all stamped steal or nylon fibre. No creaks or wobbles but the paint work is a little thin on areas like the charging handle but thats it.

Internal quality is much better than most WEs not had any issues with it so far.

Rate of fire is good, though personally I have made mine a little quicker. 3rd burst works well as does semi and auto. Cooldown is pretty good too, can dump a whole mag full auto at room temp.

Stock range and accuracy are not brilliant but I always change the hop rubber and barrel of every WE as they are the main weak points. Currently have a Maple Leaf 65 degree & a stock VSR/PDI cut barrel, accuracy and range are improved and pretty consistent.

Biggest issue is the mags, they have these little tabs on top which are annoying. If you accidental switch one or forget to set it then you get a dead mans click, that said it hasnt happened to me in a game yet.

Overall one of WE's better offerings, works well, fun to shoot. Generally a well rounded gun, I'm very happy with mine.

Comment

Many thanks for the the info Stargate, it's much appreciated, cheers mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Prolish View Post
            Saw this on one of the facebook groups, I'm sure the author is on the forums here somewhere:
            I'm fairly certain he's not on here but he is on Arnie's and the we mp5 fb group.

Comment

Its a really nice gun, I have sellers remorse, its depressing watching that video of it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Taff Find out more about Taff
              Working...
              X