Cold War Bundeswehr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold War Bundeswehr

Perhaps I have been enjoying Deutschland 83 too much but the idea of doing a Bundeswehr loadout to represent the troops oj the front line had world war three actually broken out in the early eighties is intriguing me. Cold war loadouts are usually cheap and easy to put together (the kit being old kit that isn't old enough to fall into the category of "re-enactment" and the prices to triples) I think there are a fair few G3 replicas available too, though an mg3 may be hard to find (perhaps a captured pk or something for the team mg)
    Does anybody have any idea how to put the uniform together?

Re: Cold War Bundeswehr

The bay of E has the moleskin uniforms and some webbing bits. Plus the german m1 hemets (m60 i think it was for them) or just use a US one. You can always use a MG42 as an MG3, not alot of difference, for airsoft anyway.
    Last edited by Ian IWG; 17 February, 2016, 01:24.

Comment

Always had a massive interest in the Cold War and Nato armies of the 70s/80s and knew that Deutschland 83 would rekindle the spark.

Bundy gear is cheap enough and looking at period pics and no offence to any Germans that did serve in the Bundeswehr but they were one of the sloppiest and untidy looking army around in combat dress of the time.

Comment

Got a few pairs of the grey Bundy Equipment Straps/Y straps unissued going cheap if anybody after any.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheLapineGrenadier Twenty something history nerd, a bit eccentric. Find out more about TheLapineGrenadier
        Working...
        X