Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Gun Upper And Lower (parts) do you need a UKARA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Upper And Lower (parts) do you need a UKARA?

Firstly I understand that just a empty upper and lower receiver with no gearbox or anything doesn't need a UKARA but how about if the gun is "complete" but not complete. Its hard to explain so just look at these photos:
    https://i.imgur.com/BKbVvO6.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/nEwE9RI.jpg

So as you can see here these come with the gearbox in one half of the receiver and the hop up and barrel in the other. Its all you need to make a gun and I am pretty sure if I can build an AEG from scratch I can slot together the receivers not to mention I have a "AK nerd" in the family. I was just wondering (as I don't have a UKARA) and no longer know someone who does. I was wondering if firstly I can purchase this without a UKARA does anyone know?
    Thanks in advance,
    Rory

Re: Gun Upper And Lower (parts) do you need a UKARA?

You can purchase both halves, however if you assemble it without a defense from the VCRA (you can look up the legislation online), you can get in pretty deep shit.
    Originally posted by Lt. Macka
    big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Yep, that's right. You could face a jail term, it is taken very seriously by the authorities.

"Manufacturing a R.I.F." Check it out.
      Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

Thanks guys. If I was to get a UKARA. (I am aware of the time it takes) Would I still have to get clearance from VCRA or whatever it is? Doesn't this also mean without a UKARA you can't make guns from spare parts of second hand guns you already own. It all seems a bit stupid to me. But hey what can we do about it.

Comment

The conditions for UKARA registration are generally accepted as clearance against the VCRA. While you can try other methods to meet the requirement of being a regular airsofter, it would be up to court to decide if it's acceptable so you'd be taking a risk on a firearms offense.
          Originally posted by Lt. Macka
          big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Ok. Thanks guys. I guess I will just have to go get a UKARA and before then hope non of my guns die

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

roryrocker13 Got into airsoft young. Been playing for around 6 years (as of Jan 2016) first gun was a Well l96. Small tip: dont get a sniper as your first gun. It requires much more patients than you will have and you will find it very hard the first couple of times. Find out more about roryrocker13
            Working...
            X