Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Advice on flying with RIFs and what counts as a defence.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on flying with RIFs and what counts as a defence.

Hi,

I have recently moved over to the UK after living for a long time abroad (Spain), for most of which I have been playing airsoft. Of course, I want to continue in the UK. Next week I have to go back to Spain for a few days and would like to bring my airsoft stuff back with me and start playing however I am trying to get as much info as possible on how to go about this. I have the RIFs registered with serial numbers on the category 4 firearms card as required by Spanish law, along with the receipts which proves ownership. I am also looking to book a game for shortly after I get back which should help prove my intention to use them to continue airsofting.

I don't have a UKARA registration yet as I haven't been here long (and to be honest I would like to use my own stuff rather than renting and take advantage of this trip to bring stuff over). I understand that UKARA is not official as such and not the only proof of a defence which is why I am asking if what I have would be sufficient or if anyone has any suggestions?

I have contacted a site which said it should be no problem, as I own them already and have proof of ownership and I have contacted the airline and they have confirmed the procedure to follow which I believe I should have no problem following. I am just worried about the defence on the UK side of things.

Would proof of ownership and a game booking be enough? Should I also try to provide proof of having been playing for years (most weekends)? It is very hard to find good advice as everywhere seems to have varying opinions but from all the research I have done I shouldn't have much of a problem?

If anyone has done this before I'd be very grateful to hear of your experience!

Thanks

Re: Advice on flying with RIFs and what counts as a defence.

I can't speak as far as flying is concerned BUT in the UK you can legally own a RIF without a defence. The defence is only required to purchase a RIF.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks, however I'm worried that bringing it over will count as importing in which case it might be more complicated?

Comment

If you've spoken to the airline you are flying with and thay have hold you it's ok,you should be alright.But I would get a department contact number and name of the individual that told you this, and it would not hurt to ask them to keep a record of the call

Comment

I have emailed easyjet to clarify a few things so hopefully I'll get something in writing back that I could print out.

Is there any other way you think I could prove I am a regular player? Photos from events perhaps? Unfortunately local sites in Spain don't give receipts or anything for games but I know them well so maybe I could get something from them too?

Thanks for the help!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Alex6714 Find out more about Alex6714
          Working...
          X