Late war MG gunner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Late war MG gunner

Lovin the look. I've just got a Heer tunic myself and I'll be wearing it with pea dot trousers. I suppose to be anal people could argue that it would be classed as mixed dress, but I would imagine that happened quite a bit towards 1945.

Looking good chap

Comment

Re: Late war MG gunner

I mean obviously in an army of *millions* the vast majority of guys wore the tunic and camo of their arm of service but mixing *did* happen when units had shortages.

You see late war SS smocks made with mismatching camo on the same garment. There was a war on, no one was going to say 'you cant wear a jacket to war' its got the wrong badge on it.

Its rare but it happened , worry about getting it bang on if you deicde to go into the 'filmsim'/milsim'/historical side of it.

A classic one is SS paras, small late war unit that wore a mix of ss and para gear.

By 45 the german army was f***ed. They had ran out of petrol, copper, rubber and leather. Non load bearing belts and some shoes were made out of 'presstoff' which is essentially carboard. Some shoes had wooden soles, panzer tanks had manual crank turret treverse as their was no wiring for the electrics etc!

By 1943 the luftwaffe field divisions had been proven to be totally bloody useless under airforce control and came under army control so by 44 you see luftwaffe infantry wearing a mix of army comabt gear , lufty webbing and airforce insignia!

Like i say not the 'norm' but it happened!

- - - Updated - - -

just rememebr that headgear and helmet covers never existed in dot44. Just dont buy them.

If you need helmet covers or soft caps either paint the helmet or wear a field grey cap

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DatJames Find out more about DatJames
      Working...
      X