Ever just drawn a blank for a loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever just drawn a blank for a loadout

Spent a few days tossing up between various guns and gear.
    Then a nefarious friend sent me a link to the G&G gc predator and job done.

But then the blank struck.
    What the hell to actually wear loadout wise.
    Flitted between a few ideas.

Then my brain melted

Haix boots (as I already own them)
    I'm fairly keen on the mfh South African assault vest which comes in a whole myriad variety of camo patterns. Or possibly something like a condor recon vest.
    But outside of this I really have hit a mental wall.

Only real consideration is budget as the Crye type stuff is way way beyond my wallet

Oh and p,ease don't murder me, but I paid serious thought to buying a British ddpm vest and putting mtp molle pouches on it

Re: Ever just drawn a blank for a loadout

Your obviously not in a team or doing milsim with uniform regulations so why not just wear what you have / like.
    Last edited by BigAl; 3 April, 2016, 23:24.
    The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

As Al says, wear what you like, but be biased towards what's comfortable/practical, trousers don't have to cost 200 quid, merely on the basis of x or y wears them, when in fact you may buy a pair & hate them.
      By all means go with a camo or colour scheme you feel is appropriate, just don't feel the need to conform just because some gear queers blog says so.
      Robin Williams say's it best, "this is war, surely we should clash ?".

Comment

TBH 90 per cent of airsofts attraction for most people is dressing up in stuff you think is cool carrying a toy gun you think is cool

If you try and wear what other people think is cool but you think is odd or just ok you'll end up changing it.

Camo patterns look great but dont make that much difference at the 50 metre range we shoot each other at, most are desgined to break up your outline and hide you in the hundreds of metres range, its movement that will give you away.

The viet cog fought tiger stripe clad special forces to a standstill wearing black pyjamas... read into that what you will.

Wear what you like the look of, you cant go wrong with most german and british army surplus... its not as gucci as crye or 5.11 but its rugged and more importantly its not going to cost you a months rent.

Comment

Funny you should mention that Gadge. I went to a field skirmish in a black coat and blue jeans.

Everybody said I'd be lit up.

I wasn't I was hit three times all day.

The pink power ranger woman didn't get hit all day.

Comment

Honestly, camo can help but generally speaking flat neutral colours or black will work ok if you position yourself and dont move quickly

Its why i wear blue tiger stripe for urban games...makes no difference as im always moving fast and if i stop in the shadow it works well enough.

like the army teach you, the things that get you noticed are

Shape - big straight lines on rifles or bowl shapes on helmets that dont look natural
            Shine - glints of light off reflective surfaces
            Shadow - your shadow can give you away if you're hiding behind a corner for example
            Silouhette/Skyline - try and stay with cover behind you and dont look over the top of cover etc
            and
            Speed of movement

Surface is one i think where camo sort of counts as in your general tone/colour should not be too different from the surroundings (like hi vis orange in snow would be obvious)

Mind you its over 15 years since i've had to teach anyone that so i may have missed a few.

But, unless you want a specific 'look' i;d use flat OD or khaki as the main colour for your combats and kit as it blends in really well to most environments and looks good with most other tac kit. If you really want a good alround camo for the uK then flectarn still rocks.

Im personally using a russian 'gorka 4' suit at the mo and its great. Its dark tan all over with darker re-enforcing patche on the arse, knees, forearms and shoulders etc ad these colour blocks break up your outline a bit too. Its also wind and water proof as much as you'll need in the uk

walking the dogs with it rather than on site but you get the idea

Comment

One idea I had was to green up the 'contractor' look.
              Pair of olive cargo type bottoms.
              Olive or possible brown tshirt and cap/boonie. Assault vest or chest rig in either olive or some sort of cam pattern.

Comment

Not a million miles of my current 'division' look. I'm wearing the trousers off the gorka suit, civvy hiking jacket, combat boots and all my mags off a daysack

Comment

I'm kinda leaning towards that. Could pass off as a cheap contractor or resistance type look.
                  So avoiding all the really Gucci gear and bits. Well apart from the gun of course.

Comment

Selling my BMW ( bike ) in few days so that leaves me with my Harley Sportster. So may go to a game in black hoodies, jeans, packin a Glock and AK. SOA Loadout lol.
                    The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

If you are a 'normal' size you could consider the Emerson gear, but if you are over a 36 waist or much past 5" 10 you'll not get then to fit. My son wears them (he's wears adult size small clothes) and they are really good and not bad value.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in that funny zone rich. Not a 36 but not exactly a 38 either. And 5'10 I wish. What's the weather like up there lol. 5'7 and it's cold down here.

Comment

Well today was both productive and devastating.
                          Productive for the airsofter in me.
                          Devastating for my bank account.
                          Today I bought.
                          g&g gc predator
                          2 9.6v 1600mh Nimh batteries
                          Charger
                          5 g&g mid cap mags
                          Revision bullet ant goggles
                          Olive od combat bottoms
                          Black viper ubacs with detachable lower arms
                          Black rigger belt
                          Olive baseball cap
                          British army issue dpm assault vest.

Now I just need to get a gun bag, some gloves,possibly some knee pads and a fortis foregrip for the gun.

Comment

Knee pads are a good buy.

I used to scoff at them as when i was a soldier everyone would have taken the micky massively if you wore them and you would have been in the sticy if you were caught by the oc or rsm but after landing on a half brick on my knee in a game in 2002 i changed my mind rapid.
                            Just get some builder/decorater ones for the first few games. You can get army surplus blackhawk ones now for less than a tenner (the army now dont see them as wussy)

Again gloves are good, wool ones will do but i use barbour neoprene ones in winter and leather tonrnado pilot ones with the finger tips cut off in summer.

Reckon your kit you've bought will do you fine though bud

Comment

Yeah I plan on getting some Blackhawk knee pads next time I have some money. Probably some mechanix type gloves, a shemagh and pretty much call it done...if I can find a cheap dpm camelback of some sort.
                              The viper special operations ubacs was a nice little find hiding at the back of a rack in the store.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ghostwalker 43 year old airsoft newbie, former tournament paintballer and marshal. Ex TA RGJ, WW2 hstory buff. Find out more about ghostwalker
                              Working...
                              X