Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&P M870 Disassembly

Hi,

So I have just got a G&P M870, and everything was fine until it stopped pumping for some reason? I wasn't sure why so I tried to take it apart to try and fix the issue, and while I can get most of the externals off, I'm left with the receiver, with the gearbox inside and the inner barrel poking out, and stuck as to where to go next. If anyone has any experience disassembling these, I'd be grateful. (Apparently they're similar to Maruzen models, but I can't find any information on disassembling for either one)

Re: G&P M870 Disassembly

Hi LordJameh,

You still need help with this? I can walk you through this no problem if you do.

Comment

I fixed the issue, turns out the pump bars? (Don't know what these are called) were kind of locked forward. Pressing each one and applying some extra strong force (hammer) to one of them freed them up.

I still don't however, know how to disassemble the gun and it would be useful to know how as it still fires a little too hot, so help with this would be appreciated.

Comment

Please let me know if you need pics and don't try to force anything. Ok, so assuming the stock, outer barrel and mag tube have all been removed and the shotty is not cocked:

Inner Barrel and Hop: Sticking out of the receiver should be a section that the outer barrel was attached to by grub screws or just fitted onto. On top of this will either be a sticker or a grub screw holding in your hop. Remove it and take out the spring plunger, becareful not to deform the spring or loose it.
        Next, on the side of the same piece should be a push pin, knock this out with an allen key or something else that won't damaged it. The Inner barrel will now slide out by pulling gently forward. Don't be alarmed if the hop nub and bucking fall off rgw inner when you remove it, they are three seperate pieces.

Pump Grip: This isn't held on by anything, gently tap it with a screwdriver handle and it should slide off the big square bit on the front of the action bares.

Receiver: On the side of the receiver you should see two idententations above where the trigger guard attaches. The front one is a pin you can simply push free. The rear one is held in by a hex screw, undo these either side and the trigger guard should now slide free of the mech box and receiver. The main receiver will now also come free, slide the mech box forward until the trigger touches the receiver and gently tip the mech box out. Watch out for the cut off level and a circular spring clip falling off as you remove the mech box, both are on the outside of the mechbox and not attached to anything!

Taking the mech box apart is fairly straightforward, just pay attention to where the action bars are or you'll struggle to reasemble. Drop me a PM if you need help or images.

Comment

Cheers for that. My shotgun recently stopped cocking altogether, so with the help of your instructions, I took the thing apart and lieu and behold, the piston has somehow broken into multiple pieces. I don't really have time to sort it at the moment, but when I do, I'll post back here. Thanks GhostOfGreen. It turns out the main thing I missed entirely was the push-pin in the receiver. I thought it might be a push-pin, but it didn't move much, if at all when I tried pushing it out the first time. With a large allen key and a hammer, I managed to remove it this time with much grief. The other thing that held me up was a brass ring on the end of the mechbox where the stock attaches; I tried pulling it off and ended up resorting to sawing it when it barely moved. Got there in the end though, thanks

Comment

Just out of interest which G&P 870 model is this that you have?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

LordJameh Find out more about LordJameh
            Working...
            X