Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My TM Hi-Capa 5.1 Build Project

Hi guys.

I bought a TM hi-capa 5.1 stainless the other day, for anyone interested heres my topic on unboxing and my first impressions of the gun..

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...nless-Model%29

This gun is going to be my build project so im going to be upgrading it and customizing it over time.. But i will start things off by showing some pictures of it in its standard form..

I do have a few upgrades already, an elite 6.02mm tight bore inner barrel, elite hop rubber, elite magazine gas router, enhanced loading nozzle and spring, and an AIP 120% recoil and hammer spring..

My plan is to upgrade this pistol quite a lot and totally change and customize its looks, it will be done in bits over the year, but the next upgrade/customized part will be a new cnc slide. but as i say i have big plans for this pistol, cant wait.

Happy Shooting All.
    ATB, Marc..
    Some Guns In My Collection:
    Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
    My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Re: My TM Hi-Capa 5.1 Build Project

Hi guys
    Another little update, bit more interesting this time lol..

The build is back on the go, which im very pleased to say, got some parts today and will be ordering more next week.

So i got my NEW replacement Airsoft Masterpiece CNC alloy limcat slide from mike cripps and my UAC stainless steel outer barrel from ehobbyasia..

I know the slide design is not to every ones taste but i think it looks blooming awesome, and the quality and cuts are just outstanding never seen a slide with this quality if im honest, not even the CNC Slide that was on my WA SV Infinity Custom.

The Cuts are super crisp and are flawless, the engraving is deep and is just done to perfection, as is the brushed finish.. Look how unique that cut is on the top. Im so pleased with this slide. :D

The UAC stainless Steel outer barrel is also good, not only does it weigh a tone but looks good to but its the function that i think is great.
    Being a true brushed steel barrel you can feel the brushed marks just like an RS brushed stainless steel barrel.

As i say it weights a tone lol, ok not a tone it weighs 99g which is heavy lol, but in a good way, the stock plastic barrel only weighs 13g lol, but the extra weight on the steel barrel will not lower performance if anything it will improve the performance because of the fixed barrel design.. Its also a drop in fit, for the standard TM slide and the Airsoft Masterpiece Slide..

As the UAC Stainless steel barrel is a fixed design its meant to improve accuracy and reliability, its quite clever really the barrel has a modified lug which pins the inner barrel inplace and stops the outer barrel from dropping a few mil when the slide moves forwards and backwards it also stops the barrel from moving backwards and forwards about 6mm everytime the slide moves, this also prevents less wear of the chamber, very simple but clever design that..
    I will be doing a video at a later date showing exactly how the fixed barrel works etc..

Normal outer barrel showing the the inner barrel can move..

The UAC outer barrel showing the inner barrel gets pinned..

So here is what the UAC Stainless Steel barrel looks like in the Limcat slide, Hmm very nice lol. :hehe:
    Ive got a tight bore silver inner barrel to replace the standard brass one, and at the weekend ill be ordering the UAC true fiber optic sights for it..

Yeah cant wait until the weekend so i can order the UAC sights and my UAC grips, soon as they come i will start customizing them and stripping the gun down.

Happy Shooting All..
    ATB, Marc..
    Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
    My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

Hi guys

Well im very happy to be giving my project build another update, i have a few new parts for the build.

I got a black guarder steel recoil spring guide rod, and a AIP frame hammer protection plate, you fit this infront of the hammer so the hammer will strike this plate instead of back of the slide and the inner part of the frame.

Some UAC yellow real fiber optic tube which will be used the the front sight when i get it, plus im also going to remove the fake fiber optic tube from my gold match and fit this stuff, its the fiber optic tubing they use for RS pistols too, as you can see its very bright even without the light shinning on it. And a rear adjustable sight, although i will only be using the frame as i will be replacing the sight panel for a UAC true fiber optic sight panel..

Next is what mike cripps call the Carslberg of triggers and i can see why its blooming awesome, an ADepot custom para style adjustable trigger in 2-tone black and silver, which matching my limcat slide perfectly. :D

Last up for today a grey UAC sculptor grip, and some UAC grip tape but as i said in one of my first posts i will not be using the sand paper type grip tape and will be making my own and going to customize them a bit more too, mike cripps kindly gave me the tape for free as he knew i was only going to use it as a template.

Im not going to fully put the gun together until i have more parts for it, which i will be ordering more in a week or two. But im going to make a start and design the grips i have a few ideas running through my mind so it will be a bit of trial and error until i make the design i like.

Ill post my progress as i go, im loving this project and i like that its going slow ish...

Happy Shooting All..
      ATB, Marc..

Comment

Go Marc, I still prefer the Infinity slide Seeing as that's mine now.

I'm watching with interest as my TM SWAT MEU needs some internal upgrades.
        1911s: WA FBI Trial, PGC Kimber SWAT, Custom KJW A1, 2 x TM MEU
        Others: Custom TM Beretta PX4, TM Hi Capa Jigsaw Puzzle

Comment

Hi garry, thanks for the reply mate, least someone is interested lol
          Yeah the infinity slide is nice isn't it plain and simple but nice, this limcat slide is a bit in ya face which i like lol, once the guns finished it will definitely stand out from the crowd

What upgrades are you looking at getting for the TM MEU?

ATB, Marc..

Comment

Well its already got a full metal kit so I will just go through all the internals.

So it's a bit loud is it mate, like it's owner lol
            1911s: WA FBI Trial, PGC Kimber SWAT, Custom KJW A1, 2 x TM MEU
            Others: Custom TM Beretta PX4, TM Hi Capa Jigsaw Puzzle

Comment

Ahh right so you just want a new BBU and steel internals really then mate a

ME LOUD lol never.. yeah well if im speading £400 on a gun i want it to be noticed hahah

Comment

Stage 1 (video 1) and stage 2 (video 2) have now been done.

Cant wait to crack on with the build, hopefully get a bit more down at the weekend..

ATB, Marc..

Comment

Very nice mate,very tempted by some of micks stuff and looking at that barrel I might get one for my TM/gaurder Springfield TRP if it will work .....very nice mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by shooter78 View Post
                    Very nice mate,very tempted by some of micks stuff and looking at that barrel I might get one for my TM/gaurder Springfield TRP if it will work .....very nice mate

Thanks for your reply mate, yeah mike does some great stuff, im not sure if it will fit your 1911, but give mike a call he will know.
                    here is a video i did on the barrel showing how it functions compared to standard floating barrel designs//

Happy Shooting.
                    ATB, Marc..

Comment

Il give him an email,he may have something.....very tempted to get a high capa myself and will be watching your build mate👍

Comment

Yeah im sure he will be able to help.
                        Must admit if you want a pistol to fully customize and upgrade cant really beat the hi-capas..
                        Thanks a lot mate, hope you find the up and coming videos interesting.
                        ATB, Marc..

Comment

Hi guys,
                          boy this has been a long project, but im ok with that, because of the money its costing and because the longer it takes the more enjoyment i get from it.

Anyway got a few new parts, and now that i have these parts i can start the build properly, because the only other bits left to get is a rear fiber optic panel and internals when my original internals break.

I ordered and got these parts for my birthday.

A Saph Limcat magazine base plate.

A Gun Smith Bro Limcat magwell (this was not cheap lol, but so worth it)

A 5ku Adjustable magazine catch/release.

And a gold match smooth black grip safety, (reason i got the gold match one is because its the best of the TM ones.)

The magwell and mag base plate look stunning together, i put them on my UAC custom limcat grips just to have a quick look, and they look awesome.
                          Time to strip a black hi-capa down during the week to steel some controls then i can finally start my build properly and put the gun together. Cant Wait..

Happy Shooting All..
                          ATB, Marc..

Comment

Re: My TM Hi-Capa 5.1 Build Project Finished

Hi All, i thought i would still update this topic, and add the video..

I am very happy with how the gun has turned out, it looks awesome.
                            I Will hopefully put it through its passes a bit at the weekend.

Happy Shooting All. :down2:
                            ATB, Marc..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Marc.RG1 Find out more about Marc.RG1
                            Working...
                            X