Battery help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery help

Hi ive got a pro tronik compact nimh charger from zero one and ive gone to put a 8.4v 3700mah battery on charge it's been on charge 15 mins and the charger says it's now charged is this right lol as I charged my 8.4v 1600mah before and that took nearly an hour lol

Re: Battery help

The old tried and trusted formula is battery capacity (mah) x 1.4 / Charge current = charge time
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

Ok so do I disconnect battery and press charge again lol

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so do I disconnect battery and press charge again lol

Comment

Well a 7 cell pack should read 10.5v fully charged. The real issue with NIMH packs is the "memory effect" (in voltage depression form), they really need to endure a full ininterupted charge every time to avoid loosing their punch (higher amp delivery, less voltage sag, faster recovery)
        NIMH packs must not be fully discharged like NICD, so there's a chance that your pack may have already been nearly fully charged.
        Some chargers will have a recovery setting which can help to revive the lost life after a bad charge.
        This is one of the many advantages of Lipo packs - you can top them up or remove them from charge at any point in their charge cycle with no ill effects.
        Last edited by sj_asc; 30 April, 2016, 22:10. Reason: posted from a phone earlier /
        dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Cyclops Find out more about Cyclops
        Working...
        X