Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Hi All. Newbie from York. North Yorkshire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi All. Newbie from York. North Yorkshire.

Good Morning all.
    I am a newbie to the site who lives in York, North Yorkshire. I am a bit too old for skirmishing at 62yrs old, besides I did all my skirmishing in the Tank regiment many moons ago, although it sounds like it could be good fun to have a go....lol. I am have joined the site because I am interested in getting together a nice collection of airsoft pistols, but with it being my first venture I am a bit ignorant to the pistols that are out there, I have had a look through the For Sale Classifieds and there are a bucketful I would like in my display cabinet, I would like to collect Full Metal Pistols, or Metal slides at least but on a lot of the adverts people dont state if they are full metal or not, obviously they wont have to state it because most of you would know anyhow.

I am not a UKARA member but I have a solid defence, I am a Weapons Instructor / Advisor to Film, TV and Independant Film Companies, and I am registered with the TV & Film Directors Directory in London with a Registered Instructors Number in 'Spotlight' I can also provide proof of Registration, I have done this for the last 35 yrs. I use to collect, buy and sell Blank Fire Pistols until recently but I have decided that I would like to go onto Airsoft, Blank Fire Pistols are getting more expensive and believe it or not are getting poorer in quality, a lot of people are going for 'Bruni' because they are cheap, but doing away with quality just to hear the Bang!!!. Umarex and Reck still hold the top spot for quality, (Umarex took over Reck, a few years ago) so thats more or less it for myself, I use to fly R/C Helicopters years ago, but left that alone, although I still have a Brand New 4 Channel Heli with built in Video camera that I may be interested in swapping for a nice Airsoft..
    Best Wishes to all

Re: Hi All. Newbie from York. North Yorkshire.

Hello mate welcome to the forum, your defense sounds pretty solid to mate so I'm sure with the proof people would not mind selling to you..

As for the pistols. Well it could take long to explain but most WE branded pistols are mostly all metal, and Tokyo Marui from standard are mostly all plastic but don't be put off by plastic as trust my some of the good ones don't feel like toys..

I have all types, air pistols, rifles and airsoft plastic and metal ones and they all have a place and advantages and disadvantages etc..

Your best bet is, when you see a gun you like and want to buy either message the seller and ask about the gun or if it's from a shop just post a topic on the forum with a link and if your not sure about the gun we can help..

All the best. Marc..
    Some Guns In My Collection:
    Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
    My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

Re: Hi All. Newbie from York. North Yorkshire.

Welcome to the forum mate, your defence for buying seems pretty sound to me, the whole idea of the UKARA thing, is basically to protect the sport against people who lack the common sense to behave responsibly, and you sound pretty responible to me, so good luck with it.. Oh and also, if you're pretty fit, give the sport a go, it's great fun, and I've seen older guys than you playing..
      "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ChieftainMK2 Ex Tank Regiment 1 RTR Find out more about ChieftainMK2
      Working...
      X