KJ Works M700 upgrades and fine tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KJ Works M700 upgrades and fine tuning

Hey all thought I would share something I have been slowly building over the past year or so and have now been moving into the next stage with it. As the title suggests, this is an ongoing project with the KJ works M700, so apologies to admin if I posted in the wrong area!

Below is a picture of it in action

M700 in action.jpg

Most people will be reasonably familiar with this system, in its stock form, it is not a good sniper, fps variations between 400-550 depending on ambient temperature and gas you use with the stock magazine, even with aftermarket magazines the gun is subject to variations via ambient temperature and the gas being used.

The parts I started with were

SL3 violent Regulator
    Tanaka Long M700 magazine
    1/8 NPT tap
    1/8 NPT pipe parts to attach the Magazine to the airline with a QD piece
    Orga Magnus Widebore 509mm
    Firefly soft
    KJ Works Silencer w/Silencer adaptor
    Airline
    0.8l Empire air tank

The normal barrel length of the M700 is something silly around 620mm, I didnt want the gun to be that long so that was the reason for buying the 509mm one instead. The outer barrel was cut down and the inside of it was lathed out to the diameter of the silencer adaptor and fitted overall this means it is much smaller than originally, similar to a guys called Dobey.

One major issue I ran into with this first iteration was the hop rubber, the Firefly soft as you can imagine did not stand up well to the high velocity that the gun was serving, after around 300 rounds it finally called it a day, up till that point this was an excellent choice, being extremely consistent and outranging AEGs easily.

This moves onto my next iteration which was changing how the hop was applied, below is several pictures of the new hop unit that was made on a 3D printer

WP_20160524_001.jpgWP_20160524_002.jpgWP_20160524_003.jpg

I put the original hop piece next to it as a comparitor to show how the hop unit had changed, the main difference being the extended and widened hop nub window, as I am using a Orga Magnus Barrel, this window is ideal for it, I have also 3D printed several hop nubs for it (I dont want to be using bits of rubber as the nub as these can flex) each nub is slightly different in its height as well as its method of routing to see which one gives the most favorable results.

The hop inside the M700 is applied straight down from a bolt this is a very effective method of applying hop as long as the bolt is centered which is another issue with the M700. To remedy this I have formed a key into the 3D nub for the bolt to sit inside of hopefully making it less likely to move side to side or back and forth.

I have also flat hopped my firefly soft rubber as it was ruined already, might as well make the most of it!

I have run a few tests with this new set up (basically a flat hop) and found the trajectory to be very promising, very consistent and flat to 80m. This was measured with a laser measurement device I can see the BB travelling beyond this however, the device I have only goes to 80m it was designed for construction afterall!

I will be taking a video of it with a new camera I have now obtained this weekend to see how it stands up currently I am running it with a 3.2oz Co2 Canister so hopefully this will not affect consistency and finally one final pic of it.

M700.jpg

Re: KJ Works M700 upgrades and fine tuning

Amazing looking gun I like the idea of using the 3d printer for the hop nubs etc.. Looking forward to the vid on the performance of this one, sounds promising.

Comment

The footage should hopefully be ready by this evening!

Now I did promise this a while ago...then I had a fair few things to sort out, now I am back and in the middle of editing some footage of this shooting, apologies the footage isnt amazing as this was my first and second attempt! So hopefully its not terrible but it does showcase what the rifle is capable of.

I will be out shooting with it this weekend as well which I will be getting footage for during games as well as range testing.

Since the previous two times shooting it I have re tuned it for now 0.45g bbs as I have found these to be much more suitable for the ranges I am shooting at, its firing around 290fps on a 0.45g (works out around 1.76j) this is well below the 500FPS limit (2.32j) imposed on snipers at most UK sites

Comment

Yeah 3D printed nubs have decent results so far, the main issue is how to print it what orientation the layers go by! definately worth it though for snipers/high FPS builds as there is very low deviation when the BB passes through. because currently there are a total of 3 components that are all used to apply hop to the BB.

The rubber, the nub and the bolt, I am under the impression that the less parts that can have deviation the better the consistency.

I also used the nubs to make a moulding to create further nubs out of a resin with a similar hardness to the prometheus flat hop nubs (slightly harder as they are one solid piece rather then having a hole in them)

Comment

Finally got there in the end with a lot of faffing on the software and a lot of random updates to the computer finally went through!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNVu3CB-9i8

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cheesenibbler Started airsofting properly about 4 years ago been doing it ever since joined an airsoft society at Nottingham Trent University was a member and became secretary and again I have a great time just enjoying myself on the field. I am now the airsoft tech guy for Southdown airsoft! Find out more about cheesenibbler
          Working...
          X