Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

seeking advice on forearm red mark prevention!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seeking advice on forearm red mark prevention!

Hi all. This should be straight forward. I'm new to skirmishing and need some advice on what to where now it's getting warm that'll keep me cool but do the best job possible of stopping my forearms getting covered in red marks. I wear a short sleeve polo for work and they won't be happy if I turn up with marks on my arms.

I wear british army surplus mtp trousers and preferably don't want to wear any camo on top half. So is any old long sleeve t shirt gonna do a job?
    CM16 Raider (G&G)
    Scar-L CQC (TM recoil)
    L85A2 (ICS)

Dan Wesson 715 snub (ASG)

Re: seeking advice on forearm red mark prevention!

Wear what you want mate. Camo is only any good for blending in but when you start moving it all goes out the window. Plenty of guys (and girls) wear jeans and tops but then throw a chest rig on and a drop leg holster. As long as you feel comfortable and can move who cares what you look like.
    Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

Its a compromise between loads of layers and baking or less layers and come home looking like you pissed off a bees nest
      I have always gone for less as I over heat quickly
      Best way mate is try both and see which suits as I dont know of a way to have both, if anyone does let us know please
      The United Kingdom. Its where Great Britain used to be.

Comment

Viper ubacs have slightly padded arms (that can be zipped off), worth considering if you a player that crawls around etc, as well as giving protection against bb strikes.

Comment

Tackle that sounds exactly what I'm looking for. I'm not fussed what I look like -just prefer not full camo.

I was roasting in a tshirt and fleece hoody when I went...half way through the day I just went for the t shirt but arms got hit and left marks. I was thinking about getting a really thin hoody but will have a look at the viper ubacs.
          CM16 Raider (G&G)
          Scar-L CQC (TM recoil)
          L85A2 (ICS)

Comment

There's a few colours/camo's, with your mtp bottoms I'd go with either mtp or OD top.

Comment

I used to wear motocross forearm protectors, they were incorporated in elasticated sleeves which you just slipped onto your arms
              VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

If mx arm protectors are too bulky, there are rugby/mma ones that are 2mm neoprene with a thin rubber mesh on the outside that are thin enough to not restrict movement or overheat, they cost about £20 a pair and can be gotten from any decent martial arts shop.

Comment

I never thought along those lines but it sounds well worth looking into. Thanks
                  CM16 Raider (G&G)
                  Scar-L CQC (TM recoil)
                  L85A2 (ICS)

Comment

Right. I bought a british military ubacs from ebay for £25. Size small because that's my size and I tried a medium on in my surplus shop and it was huge on me. The small fits my body perfectly but the sleeves are really short...when holding my rifle there is around 4 to 5 inches of skin between hand and sleeve showing on my stabilising arm.

I looked into these arm things mentioned before and ended up finding them I think. A thin sleeve from wrist to half way up bicep. I will think about getting this but probs just go with just the ubacs...should be more comfortable for the summer.

Anyone else find the ubacs sleeves too short? Is it the design or are the sizes tailored or is it a dodgey batch?
                    CM16 Raider (G&G)
                    Scar-L CQC (TM recoil)
                    L85A2 (ICS)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Steve170 Find out more about Steve170
                    Working...
                    X