possible feeding isuues in the sr xl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible feeding isuues in the sr xl

I've got a cm16 sr xl and use G&G plastic 120rnd mid caps but sometimes, the gun doesn't fire for a few pull of the trigger, two bbs come out at once, or they just almost fall out of the barrel and only go a few feet. i'm unsure as to what is causing this problem, it might be because I put too many bbs inthe mag, but I'm still unsure.

Re: possible feeding isuues in the sr xl

Chazmo does it fire fine with your high cap?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a similar problem with mine, but I find its when it has been fired for a while (15-20 minutes) and the bb's just dribble out of the end for 4 or 5 trigger pulls. It's not putting too many bb's in the mad buddy. My theory is it's something to do with the hop rubber, it might sound daft but it seems like it just needs a little warming up.

Comment

Thanks for the help mate, actually you'v given me answers for about 4 questions now, you're great!

Comment

Sorry to sound stupid how do you warm the hop rubber?

Comment

If it is a completely stock G&G, it should be fitted with the green G&G hop rubber, which is designed to work properly when cold.

Try running the gun with a G&G high capacity magazine; I have found that the extended follower on the G&G plastic midcaps can sometimes jam the spring. If the hi cap magazine works fine, carefully open up the top of a mid cap and take out the extended follower to see if that improves things. When opening up the mag, you do not need to totally undo all the screws, just the upper one and loosen off the others slightly; just ease the top of the magazine apart, making sure that the BB catch does not fall out, and pop the extended follower out.

Comment

Cheers my friend and will do that to the mags

Comment

sounds like you need a new rubber to me.
                The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

I have also seen this issue with my SRXL and I can only seem to experience it when the mag is completely full (maybe too full??). I've even had it when I've just emptied a mag and I'm moving on to the next one straight after, so i don't think its a "warming up" thing.

I have decided to just stop a bit short of loading a completely full mag and I haven't had the issue since.

Comment

I was told to fill mid caps up then take the top 4 out it has helped on my SRXL but not all the time on my PREDATOR so im sucking and see

Comment

Originally posted by Chazmo View Post
                      I've got a cm16 sr xl and use G&G plastic 120rnd mid caps but sometimes, the gun doesn't fire for a few pull of the trigger, two bbs come out at once, or they just almost fall out of the barrel and only go a few feet. i'm unsure as to what is causing this problem, it might be because I put too many bbs inthe mag, but I'm still unsure.

I also use the srxl and the high cap which came with it.
                      The fuller half of the mag is working, the lower half is not.
                      Mag holding forward does not work. I use 0.2g bb.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chazmo Find out more about Chazmo
                      Working...
                      X