Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASPUK EZ 90 degree trigger set for VSR-10 issues

Hi all,

Just hoping for some advice regarding the titular ASPUK EZ 90 degree trigger set.

I received said set and installed it today. The set consists of the 90 degree trigger, piston, M150 spring and metal spring guide, all of which I have installed and they appear to work fine in my TM VSR-10 Gspec.

My only two questions are, firstly the trigger pull seems very very heavy. Is this due to the stronger spring requiring more pressure to free it from the spring stop, is it something that will break in with use or have I simply put something in backwards lol? I have had the damned thing apart several times and have followed the ASPUK installation guide and everything appears correctly installed.

Secondly, the once quiet rifle is now damned loud! I was expecting an increase in volume however the sheer amount of noise seems massively greater than anticipated. I already have the usual foam filled stock, upgraded cylinder head and the marvellous gspec banana and am running .36s in the stock barrel which I believe is roughly in the correct barrel/cylinder/BB weight ratio given that with the M150 (plus AA hop chamber, teflon taped cylinder head etc, I should be hitting around 500fps though not had chance to chrono yet, so I am unsure why this is.

Any advice on either issue would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Y0

Re: ASPUK EZ 90 degree trigger set for VSR-10 issues

I had exactly the same issues.
    For a start I believe the spring they send with the kit is for an L96 not a VSR (it's longer and has a bigger diameter of the coils - also was giving around 600 fps) so i swapped it out for an Element M145. (500 fps on the nose now)

Also make sure the little screw that holds the outer barrel in place isn't screwed in all the way. It just wants to be in enough to stop the outer barrel unscrewing, any tighter and it will be gouging the cylinder as you cock it.

You can buy sorbothane pads for the inside of the cylinder head that will absorb some of the impact noise
    Originally posted by Hawk
    The P word again! You should say your love for airsoft 3 times and a holy Tokio Marui

Comment

Hi MasterGouken,

Cheers for the quick reply!

I tried swapping the spring back to the stock one, which solved all the problems. Looking at the speing they sent me it also appears larger in diameter and I suspect that this was interfering with the trigger pull. Did you find that switching to the right diameter VSR spring improved the trigger at all? With the ASPUK spring in, the trigger pull was akin to trying to crush a golfball with my hand.....

Cheers for the quieting advice, my upgraded cylinder head has an built in sorbo, and at the moment I have some cheap foam in the butt, but have some of the car engine sound dampening foam on way but may fill in any gaps with expanding foam too.

Cheers,

Y0

Comment

Yes changing the spring made a massive difference, before i did this it was almost impossible to cock. With a proper vsr spring it's now smooth as butter.
        I don't know why they ship the kit with that spring, it's clearly not the correct one.
        Originally posted by Hawk
        The P word again! You should say your love for airsoft 3 times and a holy Tokio Marui

Comment

Yeah I found cocking much stiffer so to speak.... A bit odd given that all the other components work so well.

Oh well, got an M145 on order now, along with a better cylinder as mine has seen better days, hopefully will solve the issues!

Cheers again for the advice!

Y0

Comment

hiya yankee, snap mate, also got this new set up a few weeks ago, I also have a very heavy trigger, also on crono came out at just over 600 fps, I have cut 11 coils off and just under the 500fps now but now the spring is too dam short, me thinks something is wrong with the set up, I have asked about a new spring and still waiting for a reply, as you said also new spring and spring guide seem bigger

Comment

Hi Lads, just had a chat with ASPUK, it seems the new spring is too strong and will need cutting, also the reason the trigger is heavy is due to wrong sears, new ones on the way ..glen

Comment

Yeah, having replaced the spring with a proper vsr one, taking apart the trigger box and regreasing and realigning a few bits it all seems to work properly now. Trigger is more responsive now, still quite stiff though, although a bit of stiffness isn't terrible given the lack of a safety, this is stiffer than I would like.

Nice one on getting on touch with ASPUK, out of curiosity what did they say the score was with the sears? Also are they blanket replacing them for everyone who bought the latest version of the trigger or are they making one buy them separately?

Comment

as far as I see it, it is all of us that have the ver3, new sears will be a few days, it is all on there facebook site, if you send your trigger back they will do it for you, or like me , I will have them sent to me and do it myself. and also you get a new spring.

Comment

Cheers mate, thats great news!

- - - Updated - - -

Right, sent them a message, we will see what happens!

Comment

For anyone else who has this issue, very quick response from ASPUK , who are sorting out new sears and spring.

Thanks again for the heads up glen!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Yankee0 Find out more about Yankee0
                      Working...
                      X