*Review Request* KJ-Works(KJW) KC-02 Carbine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Review Request* KJ-Works(KJW) KC-02 Carbine

Looking for a short review on this gbbr, basically highlighting any problems, is it worth the price, what is the performance and after market part availability

Cheers!

Re: *Review Request* KJ-Works(KJW) KC-02 Carbine

I own the ASG Special Teams Carbine which is just a re-branded KJ Works KC-02.

It is, in short, a brilliantly handy weapon. It is light and portable. It has a healthy array of after market parts available, including special 3D printed parts. In stock form, it is fairly accurate and consistent for a GBBR. I have since turned mine into a pseudo-M1 Carbine with a wood stock kit and some other bits.

I would highly suggest joining the KC02 owner group on Facebook as they have a FAQ along with a wealth of owner experience.

Get one.

Comment

Cheers mate! For me the price tag is quite high for a part-time Airsofter but it looks great!

Comment

I used to own one of the earlier KJW variants, and it is probably one of the best GBBRs out there in my opinion, I used very effectively as a hit and run marksman at a densely wooded site.
        The pros:
        Very efficient GBBR due to a lightweight bolt
        Very accurate with a properly set up hop
        Fantasic Facebook page for owners, excellent advise on upgrades etc. One guy even started making a range of upgrade pistons from that page.
        Surprising availability of upgrade parts (see above).

The cons
        Not many different stocks, however most tastes can be catered for as real steal Ruger 10/22 stocks can be modified to fit
        The stock barrel clocks in at 363mm when the outer will accept a much longer one, bit of a design oversight if you ask me. My KC-02 was fitted with an RA-Tech extended inner and outer barrels which I found a great upgrade if a bit costly.
        The hop screw which applies the hop pressure is a bit too short, there are loads of easy fixes however most of which are detailed on the facebook page I mentioned (Not necessarily a major issue as its only a 5min fix but its worth being aware of).

Hope this helps mate!

EDIT

Found an earlier thread with a very in depth review which you should take a look at if you are serious about getting one. Which, spoiler alert, you should!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...02-by-KJ-works
        Last edited by Remus123; 23 July, 2016, 21:12. Reason: Content addition
        ave nex alea

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bhunterism Find out more about Bhunterism
        Working...
        X