Help with modern Squaddie loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with modern Squaddie loadout

So I have most of the kit but some of it is lacking refinement.

I have a few questions, I would like Facts not uniformed opinions.

1. Are current troops running a full Rifle sling or just the Osprey clip on sling. (I also know the are rolling in the vertus kit)
    2. Is the MTP scrim on the helmets current issue/Practice?
    3. How do I get the "poppy look" with the scrim? Is it just lots of shorter pieces tied on rather than a few longer pieces? Image attached
    4. Is there a more regulation format for arranging pouches on the Osprey?
    5. Do marksmen ever use both a L96 and L85/Sa80 on the same loadout.

Probably more questions to come so keep an eye out,

Thanks for any help, Ryan

MTP-SCRIM-900x900.jpg

Re: Help with modern Squaddie loadout

i dont know a huge amount about the current kit i am trying to do one myself, But from a bit of reading myself this is what i know
    1.I think they have the choice with sling?? but most i have seen with osprey clip.
    2.Mtp scrim is issued to some units ( i think again)
    3. no idea im about to get a scrim kit for my lid next week.
    4. i know medic pouch is on right that is orders.
    5. Dont they use L129A1 DMR rifle at platoon level? so a sniper wouldn't use both his spotter/co sniper(not sure of his name) will have a small arms weapon of some sort, maybe the L129A1 again?

This prob dont help but thought id say my bit lol.
    sigpic

Comment

pouches on osprey should be kept to the sides of the vest so that you can lay as flat on the ground as possible and also to eliminate the problem of if you step onto a IED anything mounted on the front of your vest doesn't get blasted up into your head and face and scrim on helmet is run by a reg by reg basis alot just run an ordinary helmet cover and a helmet net

Comment

Originally posted by RyanM View Post
        So I have most of the kit but some of it is lacking refinement.

I have a few questions, I would like Facts not uniformed opinions.

1. Are current troops running a full Rifle sling or just the Osprey clip on sling. (I also know the are rolling in the vertus kit)
        2. Is the MTP scrim on the helmets current issue/Practice?
        3. How do I get the "poppy look" with the scrim? Is it just lots of shorter pieces tied on rather than a few longer pieces? Image attached
        4. Is there a more regulation format for arranging pouches on the Osprey?
        5. Do marksmen ever use both a L96 and L85/Sa80 on the same loadout.

Probably more questions to come so keep an eye out,

Thanks for any help, Ryan

[ATTACH=CONFIG]162658[/ATTACH]
        Ive always run with full sling never liked the osprey clip on on the vest
        Different units hzve different rules scrim comes as standard with every mtp cover for the mk7 ive known guys to put it on just for an exercise and then leave it on ive personally not used it still got my bag somewhere lol
        As already pointed out all pouchs to the side and as long as you got water medic and ammo bring whatever else you want. There was a good saying in afghan you can always spot the irish because they always got a sh*t ton of pouchs on
        The marksman would have l115a1 and potentially a sidearm whereas his spotter would either have the l85a2 or l129a1

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RyanM Find out more about RyanM
        Working...
        X