Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracer help

Afternoon All,

Just wondering if theres anyone on here who's capable on converting a supressor into a tracer. I have an Ares VZ.58 and the supressor which Iir want to run as a tracer unit. Or has anyone got any good advice on how to do it and what I'll need.

Cheers
    The clown has no penis

Re: Tracer help

I dare say you'd be better off just buying a pre-made suppressor tracer unit! The hassle involved in making one wouldnt be worth it!

However if you had your heart set on making one, you would need to find a way of housing a power source, light source, and some way of activating the light source... whether that be a permanent on/off switch, or some way of detecting a BB travelling through the suppressor and then lighting up. And somehow cram all that inside the suppressor, and still leave enough room for the BB to travel through it without interfering in its path.

Now if youve got access to PCB etching facilities and can make your own very small circuit boards you might be able to rig up a simple circuit using an infrared diode gate to detect a BB breaking the circuit at the entrance of the suppressor which then causes some LEDs to light up further down the barrel and "charge" the tracer BB.

But I suspect that if you had access to the required kit, and knowledge of PCB etching you wouldnt need to ask people how to do this

Comment

I had a feelinf it would be a ball ache, only reason for wanting to do it was due to already having the correct supressor for the VZ58. I already have an Xcortech tracer.
      The clown has no penis

Comment

U can make a hopup tracer unit theres a youtube vud how to make one with a bit of electrical know how its quite easy, i made one for my m4 and im not the best at diy

Comment

Definitely the hop up tracer unit is the way to go
          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hef legend Been playing airsoft in and around Sussex for about 5 years, I'm quite into my sniping and enjoy having a decent skirmish Find out more about Hef legend
          Working...
          X