AA Hop Unit and ASPUK Piston Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA Hop Unit and ASPUK Piston Head

Anyone had any experience with this combination? I've read that there maybe issues..

Edit Should have said this is with a JG bar10.

Re: AA Hop Unit and ASPUK Piston Head

Currently running that combination in my TM VSR 10, not noticed any problems, what issues have you heard about?

That said, I've added a few layers of nail varnish to the cylinder head to improve airseal.

Comment

I read on the vsr f/book page and on the sniper forum that some nozzles/hop units have issues, mainly the nozzle catching on the unit, I wanted to check with anyone using the AA/ASPUK set up, that it would work ok. Of course if someone has an issue there's no way of knowing if its an assembly issue or a compatibility issue. I've asked ASPUK if they know of any problems, I'll post there reply.

Comment

I've certainly not noticed any problems, correct me if I'm wrong but the main noticeable problem would be the cylinder head nozzle scraping inside, or otherwise getting stuck in, the hop up during the bolt cycling?

As I say, not something I am aware of on my VSR, even with the cylinder head nozzle slightly thickened with nail polish. Looking forward to hearing what ASPUK have to say about it though.

Comment

Yep..that's the problem that was mentioned, not heard from ASPUK yet, will let you know when I do..

Comment

ASPUK have said the AA hop unit should work with their cylinder head.

Comment

Nice one on getting a definitive answer from them on that. As I said before it seems to work fine for me and I really do like the AA hop up unit as well - built in TDC saves a lot of hassle!

Comment

I've always found them to be helpful...just waiting for the cylinders and heads to come back in stock

Comment

Think the cylinder heads are back in stock, had a new cylinder head, which I had ordered from them a while ago whilst out of stock, turn up today.

With regard to the cylinder itself though, I found the one I got from them to be very slightly too large in diameter for the guide rings, necessitating a bit of filing of the rings themselves. Not a terrible thing though as it meant I could remove any wobble at all and the cylinder itself is very nicely made in my opinion, although rather overvolumed for my little Gspec barrel.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

lazybike Find out more about lazybike
                  Working...
                  X