MP40 Pouches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP40 Pouches

Sorry if this is a REALLY dumb question but...

Just picked up 2 3 cell pouches and I cannot figure out how to attach them properly to a set of Y straps.
    Like...

I tried threading the belt for the straps through them but then the metal loop just dangles about and they don't sit right...Tried just holding them on via metal loop on the metal hooks on front and they fall off all the time...Am I missing something?
    A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him

Re: MP40 Pouches

Can you show us how you have attached them? Might give us a clearer picture of the problem

Comment

Originally posted by Patrolpointman View Post
      Can you show us how you have attached them? Might give us a clearer picture of the problem
      Here you are: DSC00201.jpgDSC00202.jpg

Currently just have them on by threading the secondary front straps through the loops then into the metal hoop.....Most secure way I've found at the moment (Very wobbly left/right but hardly any chance of them coming off mid-game like this I would guess)

EDIT: So just took pouches off and instead threaded the part of the straps the belt goes through instead and then put the belt through...Looks broadly the same as the pictures but alot more solid and can't fall off as the belt holds them in :P

I have no doubt this isn't how its meant to be done but...Seems to work o:
      A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him

Comment

WW2-Army-Combat-MP38-MP40-Web-Set-060516-2.jpg

hope this pic helps it looks like you have them on the wrong sides matey. german webbing is tough to master the hooks need to be in the loops and further down then you have them currently the belt hooks on the jackets help set the main belt position to set y straps to d rings belt rides higher than normal in ww2 stuff more your middle than your waist .

Comment

Originally posted by leroyinmotion View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]164920[/ATTACH]

hope this pic helps it looks like you have them on the wrong sides matey. german webbing is tough to master the hooks need to be in the loops and further down then you have them currently the belt hooks on the jackets help set the main belt position to set y straps to d rings belt rides higher than normal in ww2 stuff more your middle than your waist .
          I tried them on opposite sides and the angle is all off :/

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]164920[/ATTACH]

EDIT:

So just swapped pouches around (So that the small pouch attached to 3 cell is on the outer side) I cannot get the hooks and rings to line up though! Any movement and pop...Hook comes away from loop...Guh

Comment

post some pics with front and rear with hooks fitted it wouldnt be the first time someone has got an odd set from supplier and they have fitted belt loop on wrong at the back of them

- - - Updated - - -

MP40 Green Pouches 221112 02.jpg

this is the correct looking belt loop and d ring location

Comment

post some pics with front and rear with hooks fitted it wouldnt be the first time someone has got an odd set from supplier and they have fitted belt loop on wrong at the back of them

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]164985[/ATTACH]

this is the correct looking belt loop and d ring location
                Mine seem to be in the correct position then...Guh...Just cant get it to work though! ...I've tried adjusting the Y straps too :/

DSC00203.jpgDSC00204.jpgDSC00205.jpgDSC00207.jpg

Comment

your hooks seem to be set really high on the y strap is the back single strap set to high so you are pulling them too far to the front the two d ring smaller straps should be loose for A frame/backpack attachment on the rear ill dig mine out and take some pics for you

Comment

20160718_170624.jpg20160718_165956.jpg20160718_170534.jpg

i just slung mine on quick its set about right for me im 6ft tall medium build check the hook postions and the loose straps with d rings,belt sits in jacket hooks around my middle.Sometimes it seems german webbing is a two man job lol practice makes its much easier once you get the hang of it tho.

Comment

yeah like leroy says , the problem is that you've threaded the 'a frame' straps on to the belt. You only attach the metal hook ones to the pouches, the other two hang loose, although most people tuck them away.

The little pouch on the side BTW is for a magazine loading tool on the real steel ones. You can on some makes fit a speed loader in here but it doesnt stay put well

- - - Updated - - -

This is my set up, you can see i fully extended the a frame straps and threaded them on the belt to the rear to stop them flapping about. Ignore the K98 bayonet, forgot to take it off when changing pouches!

Comment

Originally posted by Gadge Europa View Post
                        yeah like leroy says , the problem is that you've threaded the 'a frame' straps on to the belt. You only attach the metal hook ones to the pouches, the other two hang loose, although most people tuck them away.

The little pouch on the side BTW is for a magazine loading tool on the real steel ones. You can on some makes fit a speed loader in here but it doesnt stay put well

- - - Updated - - -

This is my set up, you can see i fully extended the a frame straps and threaded them on the belt to the rear to stop them flapping about. Ignore the K98 bayonet, forgot to take it off when changing pouches!

Wait you just let it hang via the hook and loop? The straps on the back aren't used? o.o

Comment

No, the belt goes through the off centre straps on the back of each pouch if thats what you mean/

Comment

Thanks for confirmation Gadge,nice example of the full set up you posted too i like to see a well put together bit of kit

Comment

half of it is original.

The belt is a 40s one, as is the ressie can and bayonet and frog. The y straps are repro and the bread bag is too, mess kit is post war east german and the water bottle is post war west german (i think, it might be swiss).

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and the zelt is repro but the straps to secure it on are old, not war date but post war old east german.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DatJames Find out more about DatJames
                              Working...
                              X