New L1A1 from Ares..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New L1A1 from Ares..?

Well this will be good news for many people out there, just notiched that Ares have a post on their FB page, which looks as if their might be bringing out their L1A1 rifle again. The picture shows both wooden and abs stock versions.
    If true, i can see many a player heading for the bank overdraft.....image.jpg

Re: New L1A1 from Ares..?

Cheers taff thats great news

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

About time! Fantastic news for me... no so much my wallet!

Question is do I join the AEG dark side or wait and hope someone will eventually make a gas one...

Comment

Happiness

Comment

Yes its all good news, even another airsoft retailer has confirmed the news on their own FB page.

Comment

Maybe next tm will make a browning 9mm and a lee enfield 303

Comment

A quick look on the Ares Facebook suggests the wood furniture is made from actual wood.

From my understanding (as the SLR was way before my time), the plastic furniture were the standard on issued rifles after the mid '60/ early 70s, with the wooden ones retained for special occasions? Can any of the old and bold amongst here shed some light into this?

Can't quite decide which to go for, wood or plastic...

Comment

Wood furniture was still about in the early to mid 80's, though a rarity and well sought after. I was pretty young then but here's a pic taken in Germany 1984.

IMG_20160708_0001.jpg
                "Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle." Psalm 144:1

Comment

Here's a better pic.
                  will have to get the wooden one now to go with my ABS version (cue excuses in my head on what I'm going to tell the wife).

Comment

What did action man use guys

Comment

image.jpg

Comment

It's a bold move by Ares to be honest, as the rifle is not modern looking to today's newer airsoft players, I can only imagine they believe that there is a market for it, weather it's the older version spruced up, with upgraded (or not) internals, time will tell. After all, they still have the mouldings and tooling to produce more, and I like the fact that they planning a wooden stocked version, it adds a bit to the appeal for some, although pricing wise I expect it to be way more pricier than the plastic stocked version.
                        I have to admit, I have never owned the Ares version of the L1a1, only the last batch of KA L1A1 that were brought into the U.K a few years ago, although I always regret not buying an Ares L1A1 up for sale on the forum some years ago, it was fitted with a genuine issue wooden furniture, but also it had the early circle holed front fore end, which appealed to me personally.

Comment

To be fair, all ares needed to do was search the forums for the "l1a1 threads", would have been enough to tell them that it was worth a punt.
                          For buyers it's good all round, an influx of more SLR's should also bring down the occasional s/h gun that comes along, up to now they've always been still silly money.
                          Great news though, just gotta decide whether to have the wooden or plastic furniture ?............wood has the edge atm

Comment

It is a hard chose but if you buy two one can be sprayed for artic warfare and wood for all other times and for those guys who are married it would be a good xmas presant for there hubbies to keep the quiet and out the way.
                            Ive alway like them and was upset when i was in the cadets i didnt get to shot one down the range just got to find a pair of light weights trousers dpm jacket and happy days

Comment

Defiantly Wood for me as well, now let's wait for the price....I say about £370.00 for the wooden stocked version.

Bang goes the new bike...
                              Last edited by Taff; 19 July, 2016, 21:18.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Taff Find out more about Taff
                              Working...
                              X