Removing spray paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing spray paint

Hey all I was just wondering what peoples suggestions are for removing spray paint from polymer. I've got a bunch of stuff with old paint jobs that I'd like to remove. a few pmags and some g36 furniture are the bits I'm currently wanting to strip.
    Thanks in advance and apologies if I've put this in the wrong place.

Re: Removing spray paint

Have used both Fairy Power Spray and Mr Muscle Oven Cleaner and have found they work well. Soak parts in them for a couple of hours and wash off. Also been told Dettol works but never tried it myself

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by keithhibbert; 8 August, 2016, 14:04.
    "Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle." Psalm 144:1

Comment

Isopropyl alcohol works quite well on things like Krylon too.

Comment

I've tried fairy power spray it works great on model but I've not yet had any success on my gun stuff with it. I'll give the oven cleaner a go though. I'll be sterrng clear of alcholohols if possible though as they reduce the integrity of polymers and can disolve them if left for too long.

Comment

Isoproppyl isn't a strong enough solvent to damage plastics, and it evaporates within a 30 seconds so is good for this sort of thing and cleaning

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

qwerty3666 Find out more about qwerty3666
          Working...
          X