New to sniping & M24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to sniping & M24

I just received my M24 and I wondered if there is anything I need to do as a matter of course with these?How is the longevity of the plastic spring guide?..of course I took it apart already...,looks like there is sealer around the cylinder/head so air should be good...BTW firing out of the box 0.2's at 470 and suprisingly consistent..Cheers..

Re: New to sniping & M24

Same as a VSR really, swap out the guide, piston, sears/or complete trigger for after market parts, alongside the hop.

Sadly the plastics pieces can go in as few as 20 shots.

You can always teflon tape the cylinder head threads, the bucking to the barrel etc, home made barrels spacers and such. That should improve consistency and maybe an FPS gain.

But sadly, as with 99% of sniper rifles, they are built not bought and as such be prepared to spend a ton. I've built a ton of VSR's and a few L96's over the years.
    The clown has no penis

Comment

I did the teflon mod and saw an increase in fps to a consitent 500fps on 0.2s.What is the general opinion amongst snipers as to the "correct" weight bb's with this performance?,I was using .25's today..they seemed to vere and impact was questionable...thanks..

Comment

With 500fps on .20s I would suggest trying as high as .40s, although anything from a .36 up to a .43 (to stay within the 'normal' range of weights) would probably give you noticeably improvement over .25s, depending on how good your hop, airseal and general rest of the build are.

Without going in depth on the whys and wherefores, the details of which which have been far better covered by others in other threads than I ever could articulate, heavier weight gives more stable flight and can increase distance and accuracy when coupled with good consistency and a good hop set up, although keep an eye out for joule creep if you are overvolumed.

I don't know the m24 specifically or what compatibility with aftermarket parts there is, or indeed your particular knowledge of upgrading a BASR, but as Hef said above, the usual upgrading of stock pieces and diy mods will do wonders and cost next to nothing.

Just a though, but with regard to the BBs veering off, it may be worth checking your hop up arms for flex - I know that a lot of TM VSR hops need shimming to ensure the hop up arm gives consistent, equal pressure on the BB, may be the same with your M24.

Hope this helps,

Y0

Comment

Just wondering - is this Snow Wolf M24? My original aluminium cylinder snapped after few test shots with 150m/s spring. The trigger looks nice, but cylinder and everything inside is already replaced.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

snuff Find out more about snuff
          Working...
          X